Main Menu

Brad, don't look. Please don't look. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Roadman, October 31, 2017, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 02, 2017, 05:57:39 PM
Quote from: Roadman on November 02, 2017, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 02, 2017, 04:08:58 PM
Some more detailed pictures if your interested.....
https://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/ring-brothers-hellcat-powered-amc-javelin-is-amazing-gallery#1
I don't know. These guys build some wild stuff, but some weird. Must have an unlimited budget.

I think it is unlimited talent & customers with unlimited budgets

This car was built for Prestone, the coolant guys...so yeah I bet Ring Bros had a big budget!

Initially I liked the car, but the more I look at the less I like it...something is just off to me.  Could be the bulge hood taking away for the fenders, which of course give the Javelin its distinct style.

I am just not sure.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

YellowThumper

That is exactly what I dislike about this car. The hood does not belong. It doesn't flow at all with the rest. Looks like a Chev cowl dropped on top at the last minute to fill an opening.
Will admit most every other aspect looks good. That statement coming from someone who is not a fan of their end products.

Quote from: Cudajason on November 03, 2017, 06:18:05 AM
https://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/ring-brothers-hellcat-powered-amc-javelin-is-amazing-gallery#1
I don't know. These guys build some wild stuff, but some weird. Must have an unlimited budget.

This car was built for Prestone, the coolant guys...so yeah I bet Ring Bros had a big budget!

Initially I liked the car, but the more I look at the less I like it...something is just off to me.  Could be the bulge hood taking away for the fenders, which of course give the Javelin its distinct style.

I am just not sure.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on November 04, 2017, 10:49:02 AM
That is exactly what I dislike about this car. The hood does not belong. It doesn't flow at all with the rest. Looks like a Chev cowl dropped on top at the last minute to fill an opening.
Will admit most every other aspect looks good. That statement coming from someone who is not a fan of their end products.

Quote from: Cudajason on November 03, 2017, 06:18:05 AM

I am just not sure.

:iagree:  I'm not feeling the hood either..... still a very cool car IMO. An AMC motor would have been nice too?  Now we are seeing Hellcat engines in everything.....  Better than a Chevy LS though!  :)

Chryco Psycho

I actuall like the hood , it does take away from the fender humps but the 71 up hood was a massive cowl hood design likely Donohue had a part in the design , this is a bit more drastic in height !!