Main Menu

CANCELED -Fall Fling Oct 24th 2020 @Irwindale Speedway -Mopar Swap-Show-Drags

Started by autoxcuda, September 01, 2020, 08:36:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

e_body70

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 14, 2020, 03:28:43 PM
Quote from: e_body70 on October 14, 2020, 12:03:36 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on October 11, 2020, 06:20:14 PM
The Arizona "barn find" 71 Hemi Challenger 4spd will be on display at Fall Fling October 24, 2020

Along with a barn find 69 Hemi Charger 4spd, and 1969 special order Pink Super Bee, and a Patina survivor 69 Charger.

Come see them while you have the opportunity before they are stashed away or restored.

Troy has got quite the collection!!  :1place:

Troy and his Mopars5150 team sure know how to chase and hunt down these great Mopars and save them  :bradsthumb:

@e_body70 , you going to come down and check things out ??

@autoxcuda unfortunately we have family plans that weekend and will be out of town; I'll keep my eyes open for Spring Fling though.

autoxcuda

Just wanted everyone to know. There are no limitations to General Admission tickets at Fall Fling at Irwindale Dragstrip. You don't have to bring a Show Car, Drag Car, or Swap Spot. Current Covid requirements apply. Just have fun

-CPW club
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

nsmall

Will there be any shade?  I'm considering bringing my car but would rather not sit in the sun all day. I know I'm a big baby.

Would it be okay if I paid at the gate?  What time is the deadline for entering the show?  Thanks

autoxcuda

Quote from: nsmall on October 17, 2020, 01:26:41 PM
Will there be any shade?  I'm considering bringing my car but would rather not sit in the sun all day. I know I'm a big baby.

Would it be okay if I paid at the gate?  What time is the deadline for entering the show?  Thanks

@nsmall Great questions,

Irwindale has completely different rules than Woodley Park. Soooo....

Bring EZ-ups and umbrellas for shade. Those are fine at Irwindale. The show cars are parked every other parking space. That's 10ft apart. Plenty of room for 8'x8', 10'x10', even a 20'x 10' EZ-ups. Tables, chairs, cooler with tasty beverages, whatever. Room to do your thing.

You can pay cash at gate if you want. Online pre reg closes Friday evening.

Also there are no mandatory "stay parked" times. You can come and go as you please between 7am and 3pm. You can arrive at any time and leave at any time.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

e_body70

Just heard this event has been CANCELLED.

Statement from Chrysler Performance West and Irwindale Speedway & Event Center Regarding
"Fall Fling 25th Anniversary"

(October 20, 2020) Irwindale, CA - Officials from Chrysler Performance West and Irwindale Speedway & Event Center, in consultation with local officials, have made the unfortunate decision to cancel "Fall Fling 25th Anniversary," until a time when it can be assured that an event of this prestige can be hosted in a safe and successful manor. The event, previously scheduled for this Saturday, October 24th, was set to host a participant only Mopar Swap Meet and Drag Race on Irwindale Dragstrip. CPW and I.S.E.C. ask for patience and understanding from all participants as we look toward the future for possible collaborations.

All pre-paid participants will receive full refunds for the Saturday, October 24th event. Refunds will begin to be processed as soon as possible. Questions can be directed to info@cpwclub.com and info@irwindalespeedway.com

autoxcuda

:pullinghair: :headbang: :verymad:

October 20, 2020) Irwindale, CA - Officials from Irwindale Speedway & Event Center and Chrysler Performance West , at the insistence of local officials, "Fall Fling 25th Anniversary," has been canceled until a time when it can be assured that an event of this prestige can be hosted in a safe and successful manor. The event, previously scheduled for this Saturday, October 24th, was set to host a participant only Mopar Swap Meet and Drag Race on Irwindale Dragstrip. CPW and I.S.E.C. ask for patience and understanding from all participants as we look toward the future for possible collaborations.

All pre-paid participants will receive full refunds for the Saturday, October 24th event. Refunds will begin to be processed as soon as possible. Questions can be directed to info@cpwclub.com and info@irwindalespeedway.com

Steve Wall
CPW club president

nsmall

Ughhh.  For the third time in a row I'm going to miss the show.  First it was the fires in the fall of 2019 and then covid in spring of 2020 and now the fall fling being canceled.  Let's hope for the spring.

@YellowThumper   just making sure you see this.

RUNCHARGER

I'll be down in the spring if the border opens. Sanity will be thin by that time though.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

@nsmall unfortunately yes I have.
Jokingly I am starting to blame you...

@autoxcuda please change subject name to reflect the shows demise.

On a side note I am not surprised. Our "no commitment" governor keeps resetting the bar. Latest is 2+ weeks ago when they introduced wonderful new plan to punish all cities in their respective counties. Regardless of how well any city is doing their release from captivity is contingent on the lowest performing city. In OC we have 34 cities. Exactly 2 (lowest income) are "under performing" so the rest keep getting squeezed.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

autoxcuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 21, 2020, 07:37:57 AM
@nsmall unfortunately yes I have.
Jokingly I am starting to blame you...

@autoxcuda please change subject name to reflect the shows demise.

On a side note I am not surprised. Our "no commitment" governor keeps resetting the bar. Latest is 2+ weeks ago when they introduced wonderful new plan to punish all cities in their respective counties. Regardless of how well any city is doing their release from captivity is contingent on the lowest performing city. In OC we have 34 cities. Exactly 2 (lowest income) are "under performing" so the rest keep getting squeezed.

THIS

This is the core of the matter!

This City is small and has good numbers. And they don't want to jeopardize it.

They don't want the STATE to shut them down.

Complete fear. They do not have their own health dept. They defer to LA county.

LA county gave OK and filed paperwork.

But the city overruled when people called asking what special protocols where going to take place.

Because we were a swap meet we were allowed. But other events could not.

anlauto

I guess I sound like a negative Nancy here, but I could never believe you guys actually wanted to run a show in the middle of a pandemic...numbers are rising still....this virus is far from being under control. :alan2cents:

Sheldon, I doubt the borders will be open in the Spring.....this week they are shutting down indoor restaurants, gyms, movie theaters etc... again in our area....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on October 21, 2020, 10:57:23 AM
I guess I sound like a negative Nancy here, but I could never believe you guys actually wanted to run a show in the middle of a pandemic...numbers are rising still....this virus is far from being under control. :alan2cents:

Sheldon, I doubt the borders will be open in the Spring.....this week they are shutting down indoor restaurants, gyms, movie theaters etc... again in our area....
Large expansive venue all outdoors is the exact reason it should be held.
Normal life (even with lockdown) are far more dense then this would ever of been.

FYI I AM one that believes in the precautions. I personally have 3 fewer friends this year because of Covid-19.

My issue is the never ending floating curve that currently is not "following the science".
The only thing the policy is following is his personal adgenda.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

I will avoid the politics even though I would love to write a speech about CALI and the reaction to all of this.  Lets just  :fingerscrossed: for the Spring Fling.

Purepony

Screw it ! Let's have it at my house ha! Kidding I wish I had the room I would but seriously why don't we just do what the important do and do something like those shows they do at night In a large empty parking lot ? They had one at the hobby lobby in Burbank

I been to two in the last months or maybe even bobs big boy Toluca lake ?

The imports usually  post on social media and about 150-200 cars in some cases more show up and it's pretty cool
I know pol had a show in a parking lot too about three weeks ago in Huntington Beach a show n cruise

anlauto

Quote from: Purepony on October 22, 2020, 01:02:36 PM

The imports usually  post on social media and about 150-200 cars in some cases more show up and it's pretty cool

They're trying this in our area as well and getting busted big time. Huge fines for the guys organizing them too..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration