Main Menu

Car storage renovation

Started by blown motor, July 16, 2019, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

It'll be good for three cars but it will start to fill up when I move in work bench, air compressor, tool box, shelves, storage cabinet, etc., etc.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Ah, looks like the poor red one (red headed stepchild) sleeps outside.

blown motor

I'll put it in during the winter. For now I get to look at it out the kitchen window.

Plumcrazy72

This is the electrician coming out in me, but under your challenger grill hanging on the wall theres a recept. you should widen that to a double gang box, add a switch, fish the wall and make it so them headlights turn on  :)

Looks good though 
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

7E-Bodies

I absolutely love my heavily insulated 40x60, but when I had it built almost 20 years ago, I hadn't yet re-entered the e-body resto addiction and requested a 10' ceiling for heating reasons. I have a 12'x3'x5-1/2' deep mechanics pit, but man do I wish I had requested at least 12 or 14' for a two post to compliment this addiction. Thinking seriously about opening the ceiling between two trusses, boxing in upper walls and insulating accordingly. Later, perhaps.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

blown motor

Quote from: Plumcrazy72 on August 22, 2019, 05:36:27 AM
This is the electrician coming out in me, but under your challenger grill hanging on the wall theres a recept. you should widen that to a double gang box, add a switch, fish the wall and make it so them headlights turn on  :)

Looks good though 

@Plumcrazy72 You're the third person to suggest that!

cuda hunter

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 22, 2019, 05:50:21 AM
I absolutely love my heavily insulated 40x60, but when I had it built almost 20 years ago, I hadn't yet re-entered the e-body resto addiction and requested a 10' ceiling for heating reasons. I have a 12'x3'x5-1/2' deep mechanics pit, but man do I wish I had requested at least 12 or 14' for a two post to compliment this addiction. Thinking seriously about opening the ceiling between two trusses, boxing in upper walls and insulating accordingly. Later, perhaps.

Do it !!  It will be worth it! 
Just be careful.  Truss's are designed to disperse weight and when you cut the bottom chord on a truss there could be a major catastrophe.  You might really want an engineer to check what your doing on that one. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

WOW that looks amazing!  Very cool and really nice of the landlord to complete that project!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

7E-Bodies

@cuda hunter No worries. I'd never cut a truss. I'd simply utilize the 10' area between them, then box that in and insulate behind it in the attic. This is a pole barn type construction. I built my home, so the concept is fine. I just need the time. Then there's the fact that it's only a 4" pad.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Burdar

Anyone who posts pictures of their awesome garages/shops is going on my unfriend list.  :( :P             :haha:

blown motor