Main Menu

Correct fastener book

Started by usraptor, September 22, 2022, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

My wife is going to buy me the "Gold" standard '70 'Cuda "correct fastener" book for my birthday.  Before she orders it I just wanted to make sure that this (listed below) is the correct book that is considered the "Gold" standard for all the correct fasteners that is used by car judges. Even though I never plan to have my judged,I would like it to be as correct as possible.
https://shop.mmcdetroit.com/products/e-body-challenger-and-barracuda-1970-74-reference-manual-guide-to-fasteners-and-general-assembly-ermx

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

This is a must have if you are rebuilding your car. It is a great reference. I hesitated to buy it do to the price but I wish I got it a bit sooner.

I believe there are a few mistakes in the book from what I have heard, and there are a few layout issues. I wish a few things were included and was pleasantly surprised by some included things not related to nuts and bolts.

It's a great reference

usraptor

Thank you guys! Your responses are very much apprecaited!  :twothumbsup:

71GranCoupe

I picked one up a few years ago and it takes 99% of the guessing which nut/bolt/screw goes where. A little pricey and worth it, but a lot of work went into the info to put in one manual. Give us an update on your opinion once you get it!   :happybday: :cheers:

usraptor

I received  my reference fastener book from my wife. WOW! I can't believe the amount of work that went into putting this book together.  :clapping: :worship: :unbelievable: :takealook:  What a great reference!  I can't wait to use it to compare how well I did using the correct bolts, nuts, etc. when I restored my 'Cuda. For those who recommended it, thanks!  For those who don't have one and are doing a restoration, I strongly recommend getting this book.  It's well worth the price!

Banana

If you buy the MMC "Restoration and Judging Book" does it also include all the Fastener/Hardware book references?

usraptor

I doubt it but as I don't have one I can't answer for sure.  Maybe somebody who has one can chime in.

headejm

I own both books and used them both extensively during the restoration of my car. The Restoration and Judging manual includes quite a bit of fastener information but not nearly as much as the Fastener manual. IMO, buy both manuals if you can afford to.  :alan2cents:

R/T's 4 R/P

The book is great and I use it a lot.
It is organized by segments of the car and then organized from front to back of the car.
I find myself doing a lot of hunting because a fastener identification switched from a body fastener to a suspension fastener to a drivetrain fastener...etc.
IMO...a bit of redundancy and duplication would help out the person using it for a restoration.
I also wish a note would state if XX fastener was also used at YY location as well. 
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT