Main Menu

Have you or anyone you know actually got any government money?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, April 17, 2020, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 19, 2020, 07:04:36 PM
Wow, that's a lot of dough for a restaurant.  I'm surprised to hear that.  Any other details you can share?

the economic stimulus package will be a joke.  I applied, but nothing. Just silence. 
the ppp will also be a joke.  I applied and again don't expect anything. 
I don't really want any of the money, but i justify it with paying 33% of my  money for well over 20 years to take care of roads, government paychecks and dead beats.  So I applied.  but I don't expect to get anything.

We are expected to provide not be provided for.... 

True stories, when I got out of the Navy it was at a time when California wouldn't pay unemployment because being discharged means you quit your job...  Had I filed a request for re-evaluation I would have had that overturned but I accepted it & went & found a job.... 

Never was without income from that point until the mid 90's when the company I was working for sold & the new owner fired everyone....   (He did try to hire everyone back but with no benefits & 33% less pay)

I filed for & actually received unemployment for the very first time.... Since I'd never really had much time off & I was in the middle of building my Challenger I thought I'd take a couple months off before going & getting another job... When my first check arrive it had a form in it telling me I had to attend a course at the unemployment office on how to find a job or they would stop my benefits...

I know guys who work four months every year at the Canneries & take eight months off every year, none of them ever got this form..... WTH....

I took a part time job & went back to college... Haven't asked for any kind of assistance since & don't plan to....

But I sure see the B/S attached to it.... If you fit into the proper classification you get money.. If you don't your expected to pay..  Most of us who play with cars fit in the classification that have to pay...

JS29

@1WildR/T I have a tow truck and i will have to check and see if the battery still has enough juice to start it. as far as any repo's go, I have no plans to participate in any. I don't need the work that bad!  :no:

Chryco Psycho

If you applied through JP Morgan they funded less than 6% of applications , take your business elsewhere !

Mopsquad

I applied for the PPP for my business on day 1 that the bank took the apps.  Ran out of money before my app was processed. 

It's like a hot concert in town, the good seats are gone before the tickets go on sale.  That's why some high profile businesses got processed and funded because they have a connection.