Main Menu

Did Resto Rick Move On?

Started by 7E-Bodies, October 01, 2020, 08:45:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I've tried several times in the last couple months to reach out to @RestoRick using his email account from his website and it keeps getting returned. Does anyone know if he's moved on?

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RestoRick

Using the rick@restorick.com address?
I've had many emails come through that address, although it wouldn't surprise me.

restoemail@gmail.com is also a good email to reach me at.

Rick

7E-Bodies

Yep, @RestoRick  that's the one I'm using. I also use gmail if that's the issue. Here's a copy paste of what I tried to send you:

Hi Rick,

Currently using and liking your undercoat mix yet have another question for you. The two pins that my trunk hinges pivot on have some pretty deep grooves and I'm wondering two things. Do you have a line on replacements, and also, are they pressed in or somehow spot welded? I don't want to damage anything removing them. If I have to, I'll take them to a local machine shop and have them reproduced. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Cassidy
Peoria, IL
309-645-8053

70 Challenger RT
Non Spoiler Trunk Lid

anlauto

Glad to see Rick is a member here. You should join in the conversations more often, your expertise is second to none. :worship:
Alan Gallant :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RestoRick

@ Alan- awe shucks.. 'yall are too easy to impress!

@ Kevin- I don't have the trunk hinge pins available. I've had them machined in the past like you're thinking.
They're spot welded on to withstand a nuclear blast,so be prepared for a fight. Measure them before removing because you'll need to grind through the head  to
get them off.  That's the best way to avoid making a mess of the area they're welded to.  That's been my experience with them anyway.

7E-Bodies

@RestoRick YUK! I was afraid of that! Mine are borderline, nothing severe. I apparently have a decision to make before moving on to the next steps. Thanks for the input.

RestoRick

If they're not too bad the groove can be welded in place and shaped by hand.
The hinge arm hole may need to be welded and reamed too. Sometimes pressing them with a hydraulic press can tighten the hole enough as well.

7E-Bodies

Very helpful as always. Thanks!

1 Wild R/T

What Ive done to fix pins with wear grooves.... I don't touch the pins as long as they are still rigid... Instead I modify the hinge by opening up the pivot hole & welding a sleeve in.. That way instead of the pivot being two blades trying to cut the pins off it becomes a 3/4" wide metal to metal contact...

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 01, 2020, 11:47:22 AM
What Ive done to fix pins with wear grooves.... I don't touch the pins as long as they are still rigid... Instead I modify the hinge by opening up the pivot hole & welding a sleeve in.. That way instead of the pivot being two blades trying to cut the pins off it becomes a 3/4" wide metal to metal contact...

That makes sense...I was going to say, sleeve the pin and enlarge the hole :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

I sent him a F.B. PM'd your contact info.

CudaMoparRay

@RestoRick  Another great product is your most authentic looking pistol grip shifter for automatics.
Has the most correct angle like the original Hurst not straight up like some others.
Love mine!

RestoRick

Thanks Ray!
I'm hoping to have more available soon.  :veryexcited: