Main Menu

Did you tube / google change the algorithm ?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, February 25, 2022, 06:56:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Indeed, I listen to podcasts from "experts" in YouTube.. and they are guessing just like everyone else.  More than likely your video got posted somewhere on social media. 

I have started working on my channel more seriously and slowly it is growing.

Sadly many of the "bigger" pages buy their subs, views and likes.  And while YouTube says they fight it, they really don't, just like all social media, because it makes them appear bigger then they are.  Why remove something that makes them look better?  It sucks, but that's how it works.
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

CudaA39

For awhile, I was getting 2-4 subscribers a day, and a decent view hit for the content and quality I was putting out.  Made it fun to upload cause I knew at least someone was watching.  Now I get almost nothing, haven't gotten a subscriber in months.  My theory is they want a few people to do rediculously well, so the rest of us just upload tons of content for free.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

RzeroB

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on February 25, 2022, 06:56:26 AM
Not this this is a BIG deal, more of a curiosity on my part. Like a few other"s here I have a VERY SMALL you tube channel. I know some of you have seen a few of my video's. Anyway , I have one video that just exploded! Since FEB 4th I've had over 10,000 views on the channel- according to you tube. And the video with most hits (2924 this morning) is from 2019. So not a "new" one by any means. I'm good with it, but it just seems odd. This is not a cinematic masterpiece by any means. 

Okay Bigs ... now I'm intrigued. You've piqued my interest and now I want to see these two videos that you are referring to. With this thread alone your YouTube views are going to spike! Post up the links to those two videos and watch your revenue soar!!  :takemymoney:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

BIGSHCLUNK