Main Menu

Direct Connection is back

Started by blown motor, November 08, 2021, 02:43:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Quote from: Fastmark on November 27, 2021, 04:56:03 AM
There are nasty rumors going around that this Direct Connection return is just a ploy on advertising. Just after this DC news, Mopar has said the Hellcats are going away soon as so is modern gas powered muscle. They really mean DC as Direct Current. Makes you wonder. Seems like the entire US is drinking the koolaid. They ignore the fact we rape the land with lithium manufacturering, exploit child labor in forgotten foreign countries and fly around in private jets to preach their gospel. And electric power is just waiting in abundance out there for free. Yea, right. The Texas electric grid failed horribly last February when our wind turbines were not prepared to handle the extreme cold, the solar panels had three inches of ice on them for a week and we don't have enough backup power stations powered by natural gas or diesel. Don't bother telling me I'm full of crap because I have friends that work at each one these places I just mention. The only thing that saved us was one plant that still had diesel generators backup in place. One of my buds was driving fuel to this plant on a 24 hour a day basis with his company. You won't hear about that on CNN. We had people die in this town because of no heat, no electricity and no cell towers service. Sorry for the rant but this current line of bull that is feed to us will destroy us.

I have a feeling this DC (Direct Current) comeback is just that, stepping into EV..   
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

70vert

And today Ron Capps announced he is going out on his own also, and keeping the NAPA sponsorship for his Funny Car. So that leaves only Tony on the DSR team with his Top Fuel Dragster, for now. Will be an interesting year in NHRA for 2022!

torredcuda

Quote from: Fastmark on November 27, 2021, 04:56:03 AM
There are nasty rumors going around that this Direct Connection return is just a ploy on advertising. Just after this DC news, Mopar has said the Hellcats are going away soon as so is modern gas powered muscle. They really mean DC as Direct Current. Makes you wonder. Seems like the entire US is drinking the koolaid. They ignore the fact we rape the land with lithium manufacturering, exploit child labor in forgotten foreign countries and fly around in private jets to preach their gospel. And electric power is just waiting in abundance out there for free. Yea, right. The Texas electric grid failed horribly last February when our wind turbines were not prepared to handle the extreme cold, the solar panels had three inches of ice on them for a week and we don't have enough backup power stations powered by natural gas or diesel. Don't bother telling me I'm full of crap because I have friends that work at each one these places I just mention. The only thing that saved us was one plant that still had diesel generators backup in place. One of my buds was driving fuel to this plant on a 24 hour a day basis with his company. You won't hear about that on CNN. We had people die in this town because of no heat, no electricity and no cell towers service. Sorry for the rant but this current line of bull that is feed to us will destroy us.

Also California having rolling brownouts in the summer due to he grid not being able to support everyone a/c units but we are all supposed to be able to charge EVs? There is a FB meme of a traffic grid lock and they wonder how long EVs cn keep running to keep you warm or cool? Anyone up here in the Northeast old enough to remember the Blizzard of `78? A  number of people died stuck in a huge traffic jam becasue they ran out of gas, I can`t imagine how bad it would be if they all had EVs? I am actually pretty surprised how long this new muscle car war has lasted, at least we will have those cars for a few more years untill we are stuck with only EVs for new vehicles.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/