Main Menu

Dual axis steering

Started by dodj, February 22, 2020, 06:50:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Innovative!  :bravo:  Just hope it never malfunctions!  :fingerscrossed:

Chryco Psycho

Looks more like a camber adjustment standing the tire more vertical rather than toe out which would make no sense as the steering would become twitchy

dodj

Yes. They keep talking toe, but describing caster. Maybe it's a little of both?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Priesty

FIA have already banned it from 2021, clever idea though.
Cheers....
Steve.
72 BS23 E55 'Cuda, Lemon twist.
Seaworks HDR by steve, on Flickr

cuda hunter

Quote from: Priesty on February 23, 2020, 11:18:04 AM

How surprising!  You can't get ahead of anyone else unless they all do it.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 23, 2020, 11:35:09 AM

They must have thought it was a Mopar wing car or a Hemi !  ::)  Isn't innovation a big part of racing? :foul: 

dodj

@Priesty
Are you close to Melbourne to see it in action in a couple weeks?

cuda hunter

Quote from: Brads70 on February 23, 2020, 02:29:18 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on February 23, 2020, 11:35:09 AM

Isn't innovation a big part of racing? :foul:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  How do we get faster and better if we limit what is possible. 

HP2

Innovations come out, protests arise, rules are changed.  That's the nature of racing. Always has been, always will be. We are all familiar with Hemi limitations and wing car elimination. Look up Tyrrell P34 sometime for another extreme example of innovation legislated out of existence.

However, sometimes, its the constraints of rules that lead to improvements as well. How else would we have the power output with the displacements we have now if we never ran into the rule constraints that arose out of the 1970s and 80s.

dodj

I think it would be pretty cool (probably unaffordable) to be able to play with your alignment while you drive though.

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 23, 2020, 07:12:22 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.  How do we get faster and better if we limit what is possible.
Reminds of that joke I saw somewhere....

Let Olympic athletes take whatever substances they want...lets see how high humans can really jump.

Priesty

Yes I live in Melbourne outer suburbs & have a grandstand ticket for qualification day(saturday). I'm a F1 tragic been watching since 1980. Went to Singapore race last season, was awesome.🏎 :stayinlane:
Cheers....
Steve.
72 BS23 E55 'Cuda, Lemon twist.
Seaworks HDR by steve, on Flickr

dodj

I've been a fan since about '85 or so. Checking out Australia is on my bucket list and when I go there it will be when the F1 race is on.