Main Menu

Dynacorn Challenger

Started by IRON MAN, December 16, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

I'm curious if a rusty 1970-71 Challenger is restored using a Dynacorn replacement body is it worth more or less than if replacement panels and custom cut sheet metal was welded in place? The Dynacorn metal is thicker and with no worry about improper rust repair. There is the issue of how much of the original shell with vin must be used before the restoration is considered special construction?

303 Mopar

It will be worth far less and you will have a hard time reselling it because it will be a re-body with a state issued VIN. 

Cuda Cody

Dynacorn would be worth far less.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I don't think Dynacorn is doing the Challengers are they ?

There's thousands of other cars, both Ford and GM, that have been restored using new bodies, it's no big deal. :alan2cents:  but to answer your question...the value would be less compared to an original panel car, and slightly less to a Frankenstein patched up car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

RUNCHARGER

It's been discontinued for awhile. It would surprise me if it was available. I called Dynacorn to order an assembled 68 Camaro trunk floor, floor and frame rails and it was discontinued as well so I guess us Mopar guys don't have to feel bad.
Sheldon

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 16, 2018, 07:10:16 PM
It's been discontinued for awhile. It would surprise me if it was available. I called Dynacorn to order an assembled 68 Camaro trunk floor, floor and frame rails and it was discontinued as well so I guess us Mopar guys don't have to feel bad.

They have, as of last year, a few sitting around.  But they sold very poorly, I think the sales guy I talked too said they sold 7....
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org