Main Menu

E body tag decoder

Started by Ebody Edgar, January 06, 2021, 03:05:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ebody Edgar

If I elect to put my FT information into the decoder what happens with the info entered bedsides telling what's on the tag?
In other words is it being collected and used after being decoded?
I do not see any disclaimer that the info is not being collected and used for other purposes.
I suspect the info is being collected and used for other purposes.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I do not collect the info in a database for other purposes.  We offer the decoders for free and do not ask for any donations.  The site is kept free by our main sponsor (Roseville) and that way we can offer things like the resource page and decoders.  But if you're asking if we're tracking you and want your info from your fender tag info, the answer is no.  I don't have any use for that info.  But if you prefer to keep it private I will be happy to email you all the codes for a fender tag and you can decode your own tag without using the handy online decoder.

Spikedog08

It is a great resource for all ebody owners . . I know Cody worked on it for sometime to make sure it was accurate!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I know they don't "collect" the info, but I ALWAYS wear a tin foil hat when I use it....just in case :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on January 06, 2021, 04:17:52 PMI ALWAYS wear a tin foil hat when I use it....just in case :bigthumb:

Is it NOS?    :crazytalk:

Ebody Edgar

so Anl you should stop trying to be cute so listen up and think
:thinking: :thinking:

Some one who is new to mopars [that i do not know] with an interesting car/fender tag contacted me out of the blue asking questions but trying to keep his privacy - as this person is a very private person due to their dangerous occupation. So private that I have not seen the tag but I know what kind of car he has and that has been verified. He said he will discuss the car further with me after he figures out what is on the tag. 

The question about what is done with the data is a very legitimate one and you your friends on here should not make fun of it. If this guys car is real you all would line up for it.  This is not my first rodeo. :burnout:

so back to the question i asked earlier and maybe i can get a definitive answer.

xx88man

Quote from: Ebody Edgar on January 07, 2021, 03:22:53 AM

Some one who is new to mopars [that i do not know] with an interesting car/fender tag contacted me out of the blue asking questions but trying to keep his privacy - as this person is a very private person due to their dangerous occupation. So private that I have not seen the tag but I know what kind of car he has and that has been verified. He said he will discuss the car further with me after he figures out what is on the tag. 

The question about what is done with the data is a very legitimate one and you your friends on here should not make fun of it. If this guys car is real you all would line up for it.  This is not my first rodeo. :burnout:

so back to the question i asked earlier and maybe i can get a definitive answer.

This car sounds like it is an awesome opportunity for you. To me the answer given by Cody is definitive. He doesn't collect the information. If you still have doubts I would take him up on his offer to have all tag information mailed to you then it would be pretty easy to decode the tag yourself. Another idea would be to enter random numbers for the last 6 digits on the bottom line of the tag...these are the last 6 of the VIN entering wrong information won't change the information on the tag (ex. Enter 111111 instead of actual last 6 digits)
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

These piles of bolts are just cars not a cure for cancer or the solution for world peace. Good luck with your "friend".
Sheldon

MoparLeo

I think that more people should learn to do their own decoding and looking up info for themselves. Too many people today seem to rely on someone else to "do the work"
When you look at the different codes you learn more about the things that were available on these cars that you may not have known about.
It is fun to do these things and there are decoding charts available for all areas of you cars parts.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

RacerX

Quote from: xx88man on January 07, 2021, 05:59:59 AM
Quote from: Ebody Edgar on January 07, 2021, 03:22:53 AM

This car sounds like it is an awesome opportunity for you. To me the answer given by Cody is definitive. He doesn't collect the information. If you still have doubts I would take him up on his offer to have all tag information mailed to you then it would be pretty easy to decode the tag yourself. Another idea would be to enter random numbers for the last 6 digits on the bottom line of the tag...these are the last 6 of the VIN entering wrong information won't change the information on the tag (ex. Enter 111111 instead of actual last 6 digits)

or, if he is that worried about it just google the codes.   Anyone can decode a fender tag in minutes without a "decoder"

This isn't advanced calculus it is a few 3 digit alphanumeric codes that relate to commonly known automotive features.

The data is out there readily available and not closely guarded secrets as the OP seems to think.

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 07, 2021, 07:47:59 AM
These piles of bolts are just cars not a cure for cancer or the solution for world peace. Good luck with your "friend".

I was thinking the same thing, almost word for word, thanks for typing it out Sheldon...cutie pie  ;)

RacerX

Quote from: MoparLeo on January 07, 2021, 08:07:18 AM
I think that more people should learn to do their own decoding and looking up info for themselves. Too many people today seem to rely on someone else to "do the work"
When you look at the different codes you learn more about the things that were available on these cars that you may not have known about.
It is fun to do these things and there are decoding charts available for all areas of you cars parts.

:iagree:

headejm

Here is my  :alan2cents::

1. I don't know Cody personally but I trust him.
2. Both the BS and FT decoders are awesome and two of the best tools on this site.
3. If you are worried about using them...Don't use them.
4. If you are still worried about using them...Don't use this site.
5. I don't know Alan personally but I heard he wasn't cute.

:cheers: