Main Menu

E body tag decoder

Started by Ebody Edgar, January 06, 2021, 03:05:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

What's really nice about Cody's decoder is that after decoding your tag or broadcast sheet you can print it, frame it if you like and have a very nice professional looking document that you can show with your car.   :bigthumb: Best of all its FREE! Thanks Cody! :worship:

1 Wild R/T

Hey, you could PAY Galen to decode you fender tag and/or broadcast sheet... And you'll know he harvested your info....

What ever car you want to decode you can bet someone else has decoded a cooler car using the decoder here.... Your car ain't that special....  :alan2cents:

worthywads

Put in an incorrect VIN sequence number and laugh as you imagine some data bank getting a false VIN if you are that paranoid.

Ebody Edgar

Apparently there are some comprehension issues with my request for information.

This is not my car or information, it belongs to a very private person who i have been talking with for a while now.
The car appears to be legit so far. 

They are trying to decode the tag/bcast sheet on their own without outside help or leaking of the info contained wherein.
I guess you missed the part that it's a odd car, unlike anything i have ever seen. 

Galen G - as he is already known for doing less than honorable actions regarding the information he holds has been asked about the car and in his usual stupid self says no-no-no it's a fake, but remember that Galen failed to recognize the RTS car that was found that ended up in Steve J's collection.  There are a couple of codes that don't make sense on the tag and the sheet according to the info they have so far. The question they asked about what happens to their data when it is inputted in this sites decoder is fair legitimate question so please stop the attempts at humor and ridicule. 

Thanks for the attempts to help[?] and ridicule, the conclusion based on the responses is this site decoder is not be trusted.

floorit426

Well said, my good man. However, as stated, prior to all the frivolity, why not do it yourself, with the provided information, or enter a bogus VIN number? I think adding the question mark after the word "help", is a bit harsh, eh what? I believe you received the help, you were looking for. Sorry, if some of us chaps, made sport, of it. As for Galen, he does have a reputation for being a most scurrilous fellow!  Cheerio!

anlauto

As mentioned, you can easily decode this top secret stuff yourself. Cody posted a link to the most accurate and comprehensive list of 1970 codes above, feel free to print that off and help your friend out. :bigthumb:

As for being a very rare or odd car because of the codes on the tag/BCS....it doesn't necessary have to automatically considered a "fake" but it's pretty easy to also make the assumption that there could be factory mistakes on a tag, after all these cars were made by humans. Chrysler is also very well known for bolting together some pretty strange combos. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Not ridiculing anyone, I just think we should be more grounded about these cars. If you want to keep things secret, asking GG probably wasn't the best thing to do to start with. Suggestions have been made on decoding so that should be easy enough to do. Quite a few of us have had 1 of 1 cars and haven't felt the need for any secrecy in regards to them.
Sheldon

6bblgt

no one person or decoder is perfect  -  but a new to the hobby, special car & secrets sounds like a perfect mark for fraud
lots of fake documentation has been created in the past 40 years
a number of people have purchased "V" & "R" cars at market prices only to find out the VIN was altered from "N" & "G" after the fact, with NO recourse

for example: a "documented" 1969 sunroof Road Runner exists & "Big Willie's KING DAYTONA" including the VIN has been recreated from scratch/thin air

use multiple sources/tools to confirm anything important - look at the tread regarding a simple detail - 0.94" diameter front factory sway bars for e-bodies

benlavigne

I think if you really need to validate the car, Dave Wise has proven to be a much more reliable and honest resource than « GG »...
https://www.mmcdetroit.com/about/About.html

Ben