Main Menu

Ebody Pictures

Started by Spikedog08, January 27, 2017, 09:42:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So I have a question about organizing your ebody pictures . . . I have thousands of ebody pictures and sometimes get frustrated looking for a certain one . . . I have considered organizing by year or at least 70, 71 and then 72-74.  I have also considered by color or just by cuda and then challenger.  So this morning I went looking for a certain picture that I know I have somewhere and after about an hour of looking, I gave up.  Most right now are in files names by event . . . so like Carlisle 2010, Woodward 2013, Mopar Nats 1999 . . . you get the picture. 

So how do you all keep them organized. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I'm curious too.  I have folders for each of my cars, then some folders so originals cars, folders for cars I've inspected and then a bunch of event / car show folders.... so I'm right there with you.  It's hard to find anything now.  Curious what others are doing?   :clueless:

cataclysm80

I like to keep my photos digitally on a computer.  WAY better than sorting through boxes or photo albums, but it's important to keep a back up in case the computer dies.

I keep my pics inside a folder, and I have other folders inside there to separate them into groups.

Folder 1, Historical pics.   Clay models, prototype cars, concept cars, vintage photos, etc.

Folder 2, I call it Body Styles.  It has folders inside to separate the different types of cars and stuff specific to those cars.  Just Plain Challenger (JH), Convertibles, R/Ts, SEs, Rallyes, Deputy, Western Sport Special, T/A & AAR, Trans Am factory race cars, Indy Pace Car, Barracuda, 'Cuda, Gran Coupe

Folder 3, Option Codes.  It has a folder inside for every E body option code, containing pics and info about that option.

Folder 4, Changes through the Years.  This folder is a bit messy.  It has folders in it that correspond to the Factory Service Manual Chapters, and inside those folders are comparison pics of things that changed from one year to the next.  (For example: there's 3 styles of rallye wheel center caps.)

Folder 5, Contains folders full of Broadcast Sheets, Fender Tags, original finishes, decal placement, wire routing, etc.  Reference stuff.

If a single picture fits well in more than one place, put it in both places.  It will be easier to find that way.

I also have a folder (ok, multiple folders) full of pics that I haven't sorted into their appropriate places yet.