Main Menu

My First EBody ever...

Started by gpm6367, February 11, 2020, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gpm6367

Some of you may have noticed me lurking around here asking questions for the last week and a half. I'm not  new to muscle cars having had examples from all of the big three. But when it comes to Mopar's I've only had B body's. I sold my last vintage Mopar back in 2013.  I have been always been a fan of the EBodys and find myself more a Dodge guy. My daily driver is a 2010 FF Challenger R/T.

I have been  looking for so long I'd pretty much given up on finding a clean 383 4 spd R/T for a fair price. Well I finally pulled the trigger and wired payment for 71 383 4spd R/T.

I'm a numbers guy who's definitely a bit on the anal retentive side when it comes to originality. What strikes me most about this car is it appears completely unmolested, though an older restoration that was likely done in the 90s. Appears to have all its original metal and no rust. The car is correct right down to every option on the fender tag and it has a beautiful broadcast sheet that I plan to have completely decoded. While I dig high impact colors this one is gunmetal, which looks teal to me. Understated color, but I think it looks great. And it's a hardtop which I prefer. All original powertrain.

Anyway it's paid for and the title is on its way to me. The car should be picked up on 19th and be here by months end. From Colorado  to Joisey. I'm pumped...never even drove an Ebody.

Daveh

Congratulations but -  :needphotos:

We all would love to see some pics.  Thanks

Brads70

Sounds great, Winchester Grey is one of my favourite colours! Can't wait to see some pictures! Congrats!

gpm6367

Quote from: Brads70 on February 11, 2020, 05:23:35 PM
Sounds great, Winchester Grey is one of my favourite colours! Can't wait to see some pictures! Congrats!

I'm not sure if gunmetal is the same. What year is Winchester?

gpm6367

Quote from: Daveh on February 11, 2020, 05:12:28 PM

Pictures? Ha ha...anticipation...

nsmall

Winchester grey is AMAZING.  I LOVE THE COLOR.

Congratulations and good luck sleeping.

Rich G.

RUNCHARGER

Not usually a grey fan but Challengers look good in that colour.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Brads70

Quote from: gpm6367 on February 11, 2020, 05:36:58 PM

GA4  Plymouth and Dodge had different names for the same color.

gpm6367

Quote from: Brads70 on February 11, 2020, 06:38:52 PM

Ahh now I get it. Same color but different divisional names. The color looks teal to me.

Brads70

Quote from: gpm6367 on February 11, 2020, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 11, 2020, 06:38:52 PM

Ahh now I get it. Same color but different divisional names. The color looks teal to me.
Love the colour!

Chryco Psycho

One of my fav colors , Congrats !!
it was a cool color long before it became cool , now 1/2 of the cars on the road are some kind of Charcoal grey blue color .
I had a 72 Charger Ralley 400 4spd in GA4 but could not afford to restore it unfortunatley . it got a good home & I hope has been restored by now  :thinking:

cuda hunter

Awesome outside color!   And it has an absolutely awesome interior color!!  Really helps with the gray! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

gpm6367

Quote from: Daveh on February 11, 2020, 05:12:28 PM

Teaser...