Main Menu

Saw this yesterday

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, August 31, 2018, 09:29:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Drivin' by a buddy's shop. 340 bench seat auto. Really very solid car. My bud was putting a tranny in it. Sorry I had no time for better pics

303 Mopar

Looks a little bit like @cuda hunter's Charger.

dodgemania

one of my favorite 1972 rally chargers like the doors nice project  :bradsthumb:

MEK-Dangerous

I have become fond of the 71-72 Charger and Roadrunner. It amazes me how dinky those wheels look on a car that size, but that's the way it was back then.

gzig5

I like that one.

My brother had a black on black on black 72 Charger SE with a 400.  That car was gorgeous.  Motor was a complete POS so it didn't stay around for long.

BIGSHCLUNK

What impressed mt is that it actually had Q's   :Thud: Compared to 99% that look like this...  (don't let the black duct tape fool you)

cuda hunter

Kinda looks like the 71-72.  But the 3-4's are actually pretty different.  Skins are pretty close with a little difference in length of hood and front fenders.  Underneath is pretty different.  The b body site showed me just how different they are. 

I really like the 71-72 charger rally's.  I like the extra's they received on the body. 
Would like to put the 72 doors on a 71 charger.   Those sure are hard to acquire though. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Given what I got for mine that should be worth maybe $2k
I love the 71-72 

RUNCHARGER

IMO the 71-72 B's are the nicest driving over the road cars of the classic Mopars. No wind noise, lots of body bracing and good mounting of things for a solid feel and no rattles etc. The handle quite well also and feel good at speeds over 100MPH.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

For whatever reason I've always liked the 71-4 Chargers but find the 71-4 Plymouth looks fat.... Felt that way in 71 & still do..... Clearly some look better than others but they all look fat....

RUNCHARGER

Yes: They need lots of tire to fill them out, even the G60's are a bit small.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

So the difference between the blue and yellow cars with door louvers is the year? 
I thought one of the years had a fender louver. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

71 R/T had the vertical louvers in the doors, 72 Rallye had the horizontal slots in the doors.
Sheldon

Morty426

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 01, 2018, 09:15:23 AM
Yes: They need lots of tire to fill them out, even the G60's are a bit small.

Agree - those cars need a lot of tire to look right

Chryco Psycho

I agree Sheldon the 71 -72 were awesome cars , Dodge or Plymouth