Main Menu

funny parking lot story...

Started by anlauto, September 29, 2019, 05:06:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So yesterday the wife and I take our son to downtown Toronto for a University Fair....We spend about 5 hours there...I spend that time in shock over the cost of the schooling knowing full well we're going to be in debt for the rest of our lives  :crying: :crying: :crying:

Anyways....I HATE going to the big city....but we find one of those high rise parking areas where you get a ticket on your way in, pay the ticket while inside the building, and then scan the ticket to lift the gate at the exit....sounds simple right ?

So upon entry I get a ticket...couldn't find a spot until about the sixth level....park the car...walk to the fair a pretty short distance....Leaving the fair I see the machine where you pay the ticket....Okay $27.... :unbelievable: no problem, downtown Toronto right...to be expected :bigmoney: .....Find the car no problem.....but as it turns out....we're not the only ones leaving.....it takes 45 mins :verymad: to get from the parking spot to the street exit... :pullinghair:

So I insert my paid (remember $27) ticket.....WTF !!!  it says I haven't paid enough because I paid the ticket 45 mins ago....and now I have to pay $5 more to get the fricken gate to open....and of course there's no humans around to bitch at  :steamingmad: and a line of cars 2 miles long behind me....

Man I hate big cities....  :tired:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Congratulations on your son looking at University. You should be very proud. Don't worry about how much debt , you encounter along the way. It is worth it.That's why banks let home owners re-mortgage there homes. My 3rd and youngest daughter is just finishing her 9th year of university at U of T. She is just one reason of why the Challenger has been sitting 37 years.

Bullitt-

Makes me think of a story my sweetheart told me of the impossible parking situation at the Federal Courthouse in Birmingham, AL... They charge you by the hour in the parking garage so if in court all day can run you about $40... One of her fellow witnesses decided to park on the street with meters that limit you to 2-hours... Parking ticket is only $20....  :rolleyes: 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Yup, congratulations on your daughter going to college, whatever common sense she may have picked up will soon be evacuated from her brain & she will be pumped full of "knowledge"

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 29, 2019, 08:04:51 AM
Yup, congratulations on your daughter going to college, whatever common sense she may have picked up will soon be evacuated from her brain & she will be pumped full of "knowledge"
That's pretty cynical.....funny,....but cynical.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dodj on September 29, 2019, 08:27:22 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 29, 2019, 08:04:51 AM
That's pretty cynical.....funny,....but cynical.

Mostly just accurate....

RUNCHARGER

Sad but true. Some make it out with a bit of common sense but not alot. My Dad made it to grade 7 before he had to start working to put food on the table. Engineering types would ask him how to get stuff working when they ran out of ideas though, his ideas worked too. There's always a difference between ideals and real world experience.
Sheldon

JS29

Sheldon, my grandfather called them educated FOOL'S.

Chryco Psycho

dodj

Just because a lesser educated person can show the way from time to time, does not mean people coming out of college or university are fools. The opposite is more commonly true.

OK, give me time to get my fire suit on....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I thought we were talking about parking lots ?

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on September 29, 2019, 04:35:35 PM
I thought we were talking about parking lots ?
LOL, ya it's weird how threads can veer off the original subject eh?