Most tech lines are like this

Roadman

303 Mopar

Mickm

:D that's a good one Dan  :D

Cheers!
Mickm

Brads70

Just don't say " Oh Ya? Well your eyes look pretty glazed, have you been eating donuts? "

Never a good outcome...... :stop:

Rumple

Chryco Psycho

Welcome @Rumple  , Glad you joined us here !!
Great post too  :bigthumb:

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Yep the absolutely rediculous leaders of this once great state is pandering to the even more rediculous "save the planet" mentality. Outlaw bags and trash magically disappears. Coincides with law a couple of years ago forcing all food workers to wear gloves. Turns out people washed their hands less and food prep contamination got worse. No longer enforced. Waiting for the next outbreak from everyone touching over and over the same bags that meat was carried in. The same filthy bags that were in cart before me...
Sorry rant over...
Picture is funny and true by the way..

Quote from: Brads70 on November 06, 2017, 04:21:56 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on November 05, 2017, 07:22:07 PM
That's obviously not a pic from California.

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 04, 2017, 09:45:16 PM
One trip!

Ok , now I'm curious? Why's that? You don't have grocery bags like that in CA?
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

HP_Cuda

Seems to me it was more of a hey let's make $$$ on selling bags too kinda move.

Some times I trip out when I'm in another state and they bag my food and hand it to me.

Sad but true.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 06, 2017, 11:23:37 PM

Seems to me it was more of a hey let's make $$$ on selling bags too kinda move.

Some times I trip out when I'm in another state and they bag my food and hand it to me.

Sad but true.

When I was a kid all that was used was paper bags for groceries . Seems like we should go back to that?  :dunno:  Here in an effort to lower usage they charge 5 cents per bag.

Chryco Psycho

The studies I have seen show there is not a lot of difference , you cut down trees to make paper or you use oil to make plastic the only difference is the paper will break down faster after being used

HP_Cuda

So a little bout me. I used to work for Safeway halfway through High School and some of college. I also came back during my last 2.5 years of college during the summers and did the graveyard shift stocking shelves. Bunch of wackos at that hours but that's a story for another time.

When I started we only had paper bags and they were free. Simple and everything was good. Enter the greedy supermarkets who banded together using a consortium pushing for plastic bags. Cheaper for the supermarkets (half the price and sometimes more) but bad for the environment (take forever to break down). This went on for awhile till folks figured out the environmental consequences. So to make it a win-win for the stores and people - they decided to make paper bags a chargeable item (10 cents) or bring your own.

Margins for a food store are horrible. Last business I would ever start. They make a penny for each dollar of goods sold. You ever wonder why they stick batteries and other variety items near checkout? Yep they are where they make good margins. As well as booze and cigarettes and some medicines. This is why milk and bread are usually placed near the rear of the store to make you pass by all of these items.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 07, 2017, 05:39:28 AM
The studies I have seen show there is not a lot of difference , you cut down trees to make paper or you use oil to make plastic the only difference is the paper will break down faster after being used

:iagree:

You can plant more trees, but no one has figured out how to plant more dinosaurs.

Roadman