Main Menu

Good article on not restoring a car

Started by cuda dad, October 26, 2019, 06:50:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

I don't have time to read it, I'm busy restoring my car...

Cuda70-74

If you can restore it yourself go ahead if not you can do the ratty look also they look cool too. Shop charge a arm and a legs for restoring a car. One thing I never get about restoring cars back to factory specs is why does it have to be perfect if it wasn't perfect from the factory?? Most probably dont like the way I restore my due to the color not being the same as the factory which I really dont care. All I care about is that the car is safe,reliable and rust free.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

70 Challenger Lover

The way I feel anymore is if the outside is the same overall (not mismatched colors on panels from donor cars or new  unpainted sheet metal),  then why not leave the original paint on the outside and fix the other stuff like a new vinyl top, new interior, chrome, rebuild all the mechanical stuff? Unfortunately our cars are so old and neglected that they generally have lots of rust here and there. You can cut and patch and fix everything but who wants to drive around a car with unpainted patch panels and unfinished body repairs. When the outside is still wearing its tattered paint, then options do change. I have cut and buffed badly faded paint and it looks much better. It's not a look for everyone but you can sometimes clean up a survivor and keep it nice and drivable.

torredcuda

If I had a low mileage, rust free survivor sure, leave it as original as possible even though it isn`t up to todays restoration standards but all I have is rusty junk so not an option for me.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cuda dad

Sometimes a car is so far gone that it requires being restored to be safe and reliable.  That being said, if you pick a car that you like and is more or less in favor, you may be able to justify it with your significant other as opposed to buying a new car.  the value depreciates rather rapidly on those.  In the end  you will be out less money and also have a cool car that is more or less holding it's value.

RusTy/SE

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

KiraJW

This is an interesting article, thank you for posting. By the way, I really liked this blog, its link is in your first message. There are such cool photos of covers with cars in this blog. Most of all I like classic retro cars, they are awesome. And I think many of you will agree with me. And if we talk about the article, I agree that it is better to buy a good car that does not need to be repaired. But there are people who love to repair their cars and cannot imagine life without it. This is also true. Besides, I'm creating my blog for retro car lovers, and I need a few good articles. I asked the article writing service for help, but if you know someone who can write a good article that will get people's attention, please let me know.