Main Menu

Hack Job Pictures on Cars you've Owned, Found, or Seen

Started by Topcat, January 29, 2021, 06:39:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

I guess back in the day it was bondo,bondo,& more bondo.I guess at some shops if you could sand bondo you were consider a journeyman

7E-Bodies

A guy tried selling me a 70 Challenger RT convertible (JS27N0B) with the "matching numbers 383" still at the machine shop. He didn't expect me to drive to said machine shop immediately following. Take a look at the "matching numbers" on this station wagon block. And no, there wasn't an HP stamping to be found either. But hey, he only wanted 70k for the whole car (which needed complete restoration). Gotta be careful out there, people.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Rdchallenger

Mr Cuda

Doing my best to make future car restorers cry.
"Forgive me Father, for I have  sinned "
Not every car is worth fancy sheet metal.

blown motor

On the 79 truck I bought last fall the guy had put new shocks on and secured them with lug nuts!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Topcat

Hemi Stroker crank they tried to pass off on me.
Had 17 drillings for balancing.

Muscle Motors MI. (Out of business)

Brads70

Quote from: Topcat on July 25, 2022, 07:49:42 AM
Hemi Stroker crank they tried to pass off on me.
Had 17 drillings for balancing.

Muscle Motors MI. (Out of business)

I got my stroker kit for my 451 from them, first set of rods the pin holes were so big you could almost start a game of cornhole using them. To their credit they did replace them. I didn't know they went out of business though...

YellowThumper

Hard to yell but this is inner rear fender down by the dropouts. (Not Mopar). The rectangle you can see is a license plate used for patch. Car resided near the beach. Salt did it in numerous times.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.