Main Menu

Any body else have " restless leg syndrome "

Started by Roadman, July 02, 2017, 01:38:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

I've suffered with this for many years, always being told there is no cure. It was mainly at  night but lately started affecting me during the day. Makes life miserable. When I was in the hospital recently one of my doctors ( I had 11   :rofl:) tried a drug called "ROPINIROLE" and it totally eliminated the problem. This drug is primarily used for Parkinson patients. My reg doctor now prescribes it for me, problem solved.   :rebelflag"

Cuda Cody

I get it too.  It sucks.  But mine is really not bad compared to other people.  Glad to hear you found a solution.  :)

For me, it only happens if I fall asleep and get woken up in the first 5 to 10 minutes after being asleep.  Then for some reason my leg gets an irresistible urge to move.  I have to move it every 15 to 30 seconds.  That's pretty much the only time I get it.  Can't figure out why it happens after I get woken up, but once I get it then I can't get back to sleep until it goes away.

When does yours normally happen?

Roadman

Mine was in the middle of the night for years, then recently I started getting it during the day. Check if your doc will prescribe Ropinirole for you.   :ohyeah:

70/6chall

Was reading your posts on RLS ( restless leg syndrome). And was reading aloud with my wife present and listening. She asked me, if I would post this, when she's very tired, she'll tend to get a dull, nagging, toothache like sensation in the soft tissue behind her knees. Jiggling the legs helps relieve the sensation which has plagued her since she was 16. She wanted to ask whether or not you guys experienced any of these sensations in your shoulders or in the crook of your elbows. She said there are times when she feels this periodically in these places. Any opinions?    Thanks,   Al

Cuda Cody

Mine has only ever been in my leg, but it's not very often and I'm sure my case is very mild of even the mildest situations.  Mine goes away after a short period so I don't worry about it much.  But I can see how this would really be a problem for people if it was happening often.

Roadman

Quote from: 70/6chall on July 02, 2017, 02:13:03 PM
Was reading your posts on RLS ( restless leg syndrome). And was reading aloud with my wife present and listening. She asked me, if I would post this, when she's very tired, she'll tend to get a dull, nagging, toothache like sensation in the soft tissue behind her knees. Jiggling the legs helps relieve the sensation which has plagued her since she was 16. She wanted to ask whether or not you guys experienced any of these sensations in your shoulders or in the crook of your elbows. She said there are times when she feels this periodically in these places. Any opinions?    Thanks,   Al

Never expereianced that Al. Has she talked to her doctor ??

70/6chall

Yes she has, and they tell her it's lumped in with the RLS family.   Thanks,   Al

Roadman

Quote from: 70/6chall on July 02, 2017, 03:34:06 PM
Yes she has, and they tell her it's lumped in with the RLS family.   Thanks,   Al

Maybe she could try the ROPINIROLE ??  Doctors don't know all the drugs available, mine never heard of it till I showed him what the hospital gave me. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

rebelyell

Lots of things in life are solved by the ol romp and roll.   

NAHMEAN? :yes:

Roadman

Quote from: rebelyell on July 02, 2017, 07:39:11 PM
Lots of things in life are solved by the ol romp and roll.   

NAHMEAN? :yes:

It's the name of the drug.  It helps people that have the problem.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ropinirole