Main Menu

Hello Everyone

Started by one bad fish, March 04, 2022, 08:39:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

one bad fish

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here for quite some time. A lot has happened over the past year. I was very busy working oil and gas all over the world as a lot of you know (I was in China working when all this Covid shit happened) BUT now I am officially retired! I have moved from Alberta. We officially moved last October. Now my wife and I are living on our farm in Quebec. We're close to Ottawa, about an hour west, in the Pontiac. Basically, right across the Ottawa river from Renfrew Ontario for those of you from Ontario. We bought 500 acres here back in 2011. I grew up here in a small town called Bryson. So, I moved from my place in Alberta that had a 30 x 50 shop and a 25 x 30 attached garage, both with in-floor heat to an old farm house built in 1929. Thank God we had a wood stove this winter! The old house has zero insulation LOL! And although there is a lot of out buildings, I don't have a shop so the Cuda is still in my enclosed trailer. I just submitted my paperwork yesterday to become a "farmer". We have been growing corn, soy and wheat here for the last 10 years. Rented it to my buddy I grew up with. Plan on building a Shop/house thinking of doing something like a 40 x 80 shop with living quarters. In-floor heat. something like "create 208" has done in Idaho. It's on his you tube channel. Anyway just thought I would say hello again and maybe get together/meet with some of you guys that live around here this summer. I plan on taking my Cuda to as many car shows possible!  :wave:

blown motor

Welcome back and congratulations on retiring. Amy thoughts of going to Moparfest?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

one bad fish

Quote from: blown motor on March 04, 2022, 09:34:56 AM
Welcome back and congratulations on retiring. Amy thoughts of going to Moparfest?
Thanks. Yes, could be a possibility.  :notsure:

DeathProofCuda

Congrats on retirement and becoming a farmer.  Looking forward to updates on the future shop build.  :cheers:

anlauto

Welcome, stick around..get involved :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

It's been a while.
Glad you're back
Might see you at Moparfest.  :cheers:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Enjoy your "retirement"  although farming is hardly retirement ! Enjoy this new phase of your life!

one bad fish

Quote from: dodj on March 04, 2022, 10:12:26 AM
It's been a while.
Glad you're back
Hey Dodj - I stopped in Thunderbay last June to drop off a 833 trans to a guy that has 3, 1971 vert Cudas. You probably know him. Alan was his name. He as one vert hemi clone that is a original plum N code 383 4 speed car. Another plum 71 vert with a 340 that he just finished and then another 71 vert cuda 318 car he was just getting started on. Flies a Cessna 165. Had that in his shop too lol! He's out on some lake just north of town.

one bad fish

Quote from: Brads70 on March 04, 2022, 10:27:09 AM
Enjoy your "retirement"  although farming is hardly retirement ! Enjoy this new phase of your life!
I'm just renting out the crop land Brad not doing too much farming although I did buy a firewood processor and will look at sawmills once I get a shop built. Have a lot of hardwood bush here might as well make some hardwood lumber and live edge slabs

jimynick

Welcome back in both ways. Glad to see you escaped the Wuhan Flu! Also glad to hear that you are able to retire and move back to your original home. One thing, la belle province ain't what she used to be and they just passed a law stating French is now the ONLY official language, so bonne chance and hope we see ya at Moparfest come the summer!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: one bad fish on March 04, 2022, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: dodj on March 04, 2022, 10:12:26 AM
It's been a while.
Glad you're back
Hey Dodj - I stopped in Thunderbay last June to drop off a 833 trans to a guy that has 3, 1971 vert Cudas. You probably know him. Alan was his name. He as one vert hemi clone that is a original plum N code 383 4 speed car. Another plum 71 vert with a 340 that he just finished and then another 71 vert cuda 318 car he was just getting started on. Flies a Cessna 165. Had that in his shop too lol! He's out on some lake just north of town.

Wow...wish I was "that " Alan  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

one bad fish

Quote from: jimynick on March 04, 2022, 06:43:35 PM
Welcome back in both ways. Glad to see you escaped the Wuhan Flu! Also glad to hear that you are able to retire and move back to your original home. One thing, la belle province ain't what she used to be and they just passed a law stating French is now the ONLY official language, so bonne chance and hope we see ya at Moparfest come the summer!  :cheers:
I will try to make it! There is good and bad here. Some things more expensive some cheaper. I'm not fluent in French but can get by if needed. Insurance is 3 times more money for my dodge 3500 diesel. My wife's mini cooper is cheaper than Alberta. But electricity is cheap. It's our only bill except for phone and satt TV. No nat gas here. Health care was the best in Canada now I'm not so sure. We can't get a family doctor - we will eventually but will take some time.