Main Menu

Hey Brad! Check this GNX out!

Started by Topcat, February 24, 2019, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

GNX.   :bigmoney:

I always liked these.

http://news.classicindustries.com/mint-87-buick-gnx-sold-for-200000

Story I recall was Brad owned one of these at one time.

71-440

To buy a car and store it in a climate controlled room for all those years....WOW. I could never do that. To tempting. 

Joe

Cuda Cody

Brads70

:unbelievable:  Wow!  What a cool find!  Mine was not a GNX though, just a base Regal made to look like a GN , I put 1970 GSX badges on it , thinking "IF  GM had carried on the name , what would it look like....
Mine had a very healthy Buick 455 that I built, even machined up my own adjustable roller rocker set up, t10 4 speed and a 9" disc brake rear end. I built a cool looking "star wars" style air cleaner for it too. Motor had crazy power. I put 3 different clutches in it in a month, never could find one that I could rev the motor over 4000 rpm with before  I was smelling clutch. Tire/rubber smells up to 4000, then clutch LOL. The roof started cracking all the way around at the factory seams. Needed a cage?  It was a fun car though. I enjoyed building it. It was in the driveway one day , when some older guy stopped by and talked me out of it. It didn't have 1000 miles on it with the new drivetrain. I wasn't planning on selling it but he made an offer I couldn't refuse  . I had bought the Challenger by then and was really in love with it as it was what I " REALLY" always wanted, so I used the funds to build the drivetrain in the Challenger. My Dad still says I shouldn't have sold it as he liked the look of it too. Last I heard car was out Ottawa way? Funny that was the only car I have sold that wasn't to the wrecking yard guy at 100 bucks a ton. Notice the shifter boot?  :D

dodj

Those GN's really set some good 1/4 mile times. I remember an article in a car mag back then called "From Buick with Balls". lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

this comes to mind

HP_Cuda

It was always cool to see GN show up for the local grudge races back in the day.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200