Main Menu

Hit a local show and it rained...

Started by YellowThumper, October 13, 2018, 03:36:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Hit a local show today and it light rained all day.
150 entries and only about 50 were there. For me it is. No brainer. 1 the Challenger is
a 20 footer.  2 it is at a park 2 blocks away. Me and a Viper were the only Mopars in attendance.

One I really liked was the 65 Rambler.

Not much to show but her are a couple pics non the less.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

I heard it never rains in California....

71-440

Sucks it rained but It's always a good day when your at a car show!
Joe

70/6chall

Yellow thumper, where was the show at? I know there will be the 28th annual Vets show in Redlands tomorrow. It's at Sylvan Park next to Redlands University. I'm actually thinking of checking it out. It's usually a real nice show. Went to a cruise Friday night here in Riverside, good turn out. It broke up at 8:00 pm then the rain started about 8:30. Thanks,   Al

anlauto

That type of thing really sucks for the promoters....lotta hard work to put on a show :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Look at the bright side,  if the show was here in Thunder Bay, Ontario, you would have had snow!  :crying:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

My car doesn`t melt if it gets wet once in a while. I`ve been to shows where it rained the whole time, not as much fun and fewer cars but still better than sitting at home.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

YellowThumper

Quote from: 70/6chall on October 13, 2018, 07:40:15 PM
Yellow thumper, where was the show at? I know there will be the 28th annual Vets show in Redlands tomorrow. It's at Sylvan Park next to Redlands University. I'm actually thinking of checking it out. It's usually a real nice show. Went to a cruise Friday night here in Riverside, good turn out. It broke up at 8:00 pm then the rain started about 8:30. Thanks,   Al
Heritage day in Placentia.
Park is tri city. Placentia/Brea/Fullerton.

Mike.

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on October 13, 2018, 07:40:58 PM
That type of thing really sucks for the promoters....lotta hard work to put on a show :rubeyes:
Yes there were a lot of apologies announced to all.
The few who remained were down to earth about it.

Mike.

Bills Auto Works

Thank you for posting the pictures Yellow Thumper!

Yes it is disappointing when it rains at a show. Seems to me this was a very wet year.

I support several animal shelters in my area. One of them has a charity car show every year & both of the last two years it has rained causing them to not get the donations needed. I do this thing where my company matches donations from all of my Facebook friends & regular friends who show up (max $10.00 each). I had figured to donate close to $1000.00 each year, but actually it came out to just over $100.00 each year. I added some anyway, but still they would have received much more from everyone had it not rained limiting the turnout. :angry:

God Bless
Bill
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!