Main Menu

Hobbies Crossing Over....

Started by anlauto, March 11, 2018, 06:38:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I know there's a few model car builders on here and I can bet that 90% of us got our start building plastic model cars in the 60's & 70's.....
Myself, it's been years since I've sniffed the glue, but I never let go of my subscription to Scale Auto Enthusiast magazine. Believe it or not, I've been getting this magazine in the mail for over 30 years :tired: :console:.....
I was very pleasantly surprised when I open this months issue to find a nod to Herb's Paints  :clapping: Seems the scale auto guys like using accurate auto interior colours on their builds too :worship:

As I read this magazine....I can't believe how far the hobby has come.... :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

That was an interesting read . .  Technology is advancing even in model building of the Mopars!   Personally haven’t built any in many years but I do have quite a few unopened kits in a closet that I continue to get for Christmas here and there . . . Obviously family knows I like ebodies!  lol
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Personally I've never built a model.... But my BIL has over 5000..... Many NOS un-opened 50's-60's & 70's vintage models.... Plus he's written a number of articles for Scale Auto....    But he's never played with real cars.....

Solarguy

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Yes I built them from 1965 until about 1980 or so. I collect a few unbuilt kits now and I don't unwrap them. It was a good way to spend time on rainy days. The die casts don't interest me though.
Sheldon

anlauto

I have about 50-60 unbuilt kits, most still wrapped....AND I have all lot of my original built ones as well...boxed up somewhere of course... :-[
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

Has anyone ever seen a round taillight cuda model kit?  I looked for years, never found one . . .

blown motor

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 11, 2018, 02:11:08 PM
Has anyone ever seen a round taillight cuda model kit?  I looked for years, never found one . . .

Put @Roadman on it!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 11, 2018, 02:11:08 PM

Your right, never thought much about it. The '70 and '71 seem to be the only ones out there.

Spikedog08

Thanks Alan, they did finally make one, assume they picked 74 being that it was the last year. 

Like I have time to work on a model!!   :looney: 

bluespruce

Mpc had a 72-74 kit, don't know if any are still around.

bentpshrods

I started building models when I was 9 or 10 (1967). Have been building off and on since. About ten years ago I was at the local hobby store and found a book by Ken Hamilton called How to build Creative Dioramas for your scale auto models. This gave me an idea to do something with my models instead of just having them sit on a shelf.  I saw an old truck he did and this started me into doing more of the cars in barns themed builds instead of all pretty show car types. Long live RUST.  Well -- one thing leads to another and this is the results. With my job ( I drive a concrete mixer truck ) I go on reduced hours in the winter time. Hate the cold.  So I have been building a bunch of models. About one a week or so. Kind of going a bit out of control.     :looney:   Lucky for me the kids are all grown and the basement has become my man cave.  Need to clear things out a bit tho. Might have to have a fire sale this spring and make some parts money. 

1 Wild R/T

Ya want a Cuda with that 9 yards of concrete? :rofl:

blown motor

@bentpshrods , you used to post pics on CC of what you build. They were so cool! Please some pics of your latest work here.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel