Main Menu

Hornet is BACK !

Started by anlauto, August 16, 2022, 04:26:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Meh....all new but has a chargeresq front grill.

If you are going in a new direction GO IN A NEW DIRECTION!!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: 70vert on August 17, 2022, 07:43:35 AM
I'm OK with the Hornet name, since it is an "all new" Dodge. Better than Ford call that EV thing a Mustang!!!

Yea they could have called the Hornet a 2024 Charger  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

Quote from: 340Challman on August 16, 2022, 05:55:39 PM
Yeah, I'm confused. the Hornet was never a Dodge.  :dunno:

neither was a 'cuda (luckily this is HONET not 'cuda, just think what could've been  :pullinghair:) ........ is 'cuda yet to be revealed?

6bblgt

Quote from: chargerdon on August 17, 2022, 06:32:55 AM
....... People who want performance and good looks are still going to want the current Challenger and the next 2024 replacement Challenger/Cuda/Charger or whatever the next EV is.   People who want a compact SUV want one because in general they are less expensive than the larger SUV like Palisades and Teluride.   SO an SUV that is less expensive and gets great fuel economy like a RAV4 or CRV is what they want with pricing starting at $22,500 for a Corolla Cross, or a Rav4 at $26, not a $31,000 Alpha. ......   

this was the introduction to "gateway performance" GT & R/T (and GLH) - there will be less expensive-less performance Dodge versions of this compact SUV

as stated, this is the car segment FCA abandoned after Caliber

Bullitt-

Quote from: Brads70 on August 16, 2022, 05:16:14 PM
I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks over on the AMC site! I don't dare post this over there.... :))

You might remind them that AMC had already co-opted the name from Hudson  :)

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

dodj

Quote from: 70vert on August 17, 2022, 07:43:35 AM
Better than Ford call that EV thing a Mustang!!!
Saw the first one in person a few days ago. I feel for the real Mustang owners. Calling that fat short station wagon a Mustang?!?  :Thud:
That would be like Chrysler calling the next gen mini-van a cuda.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

MoparCarGuy

So what do you think this plate is hinting at? Tim Kuniskis pointed it out. Could it possibly be "first fast to 9-second 1/4-mile"?

chargerdon

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 17, 2022, 01:01:54 PM
Quote from: chargerdon on August 17, 2022, 06:32:55 AM
....... People who want performance and good looks are still going to want the current Challenger and the next 2024 replacement Challenger/Cuda/Charger or whatever the next EV is.   People who want a compact SUV want one because in general they are less expensive than the larger SUV like Palisades and Teluride.   SO an SUV that is less expensive and gets great fuel economy like a RAV4 or CRV is what they want with pricing starting at $22,500 for a Corolla Cross, or a Rav4 at $26, not a $31,000 Alpha. ......   

this was the introduction to "gateway performance" GT & R/T (and GLH) - there will be less expensive-less performance Dodge versions of this compact SUV

Price for the BASE model is expected to be around $31,000 or about $5-7K too much as compared to the competition.   True its base model will have a much higher level of performance than a Honda CRV or Rav4...   but performance is not what those who buy compact SUV want...they want cheap and great gas mileage and utility...    I think they are like the original Challenger...  5 years too late into this market and aiming at the wrong buyers...   

as stated, this is the car segment FCA abandoned after Caliber