Main Menu

How's it been? Got a bit lost working on Fords but i'm back!

Started by 72 Challenger, February 21, 2019, 06:28:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

I feel like it's been ages since I last logged in!

I have been working on my Uncles 1967 Mercury Cougar so much I almost forgot I was a member! Ford does some odd stuff, trying to learn all the little nuances to make the engine bay look as good as I can.

I also sold my 72 Challenger, So I hope the crowd doesn't mind if I stick around! On the hunt for something else. I was in love with how well it was restored but I wasn't in love with it. It was too similar to my previous car which was a 1974 Challenger. On the hunt now for a new car hopefully by spring. There is a ton of information to catch up on...
Someday I will have a J0b.

750-h2

72 Challenger

Quote from: 750-h2 on February 21, 2019, 06:37:44 AM
Good luck with your search. What are you looking for?

I really really want a 1971-1972 Dodge Demon, 4 speed. I was promised the first right on a 71 Demon locally but it did not pan out. I have a good budget for a new car, but I learnt with the last one that I should buy something I really want. Anyone know one in Canada for sale?

Second in line is a 1970-1972 Duster. I am less concerned about engine as long as it's 4 speed and the body is well done. Engines are cheap compared to bodywork.

Cuda Cody

Those are some good years.  Good luck with the search.   :fingerscrossed:

Chryco Psycho

Definately stick around  :twothumbsup:
Don't know of a 4 spd Demon right now

72 Challenger

Although I really want a Demon I will take a look at anything mopar that is not a 1972-1974 Challenger. Ideally in Canada but the budget remains 40k in Canadian dollars, but that includes tax. 

Heavy preference to 4 speed Demon's.

jimynick

I met a guy out in Bluevale while looking for a deep sump oil pan for a 360 and he had a 71 Demon that I believe was a 4 speed. It was all done, but I don't know if he'd part with it. If I can find the note I had with his name and phone #, I'll PM you with it and you can try him on for size. He's got 7-8 cars and had a 70 El Camino that he wanted to sell.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

72 Challenger

Quote from: jimynick on February 21, 2019, 09:03:47 PM
I met a guy out in Bluevale while looking for a deep sump oil pan for a 360 and he had a 71 Demon that I believe was a 4 speed. It was all done, but I don't know if he'd part with it. If I can find the note I had with his name and phone #, I'll PM you with it and you can try him on for size. He's got 7-8 cars and had a 70 El Camino that he wanted to sell.  :cheers:

I'd appreciate that!

If you have a personal connection with him it might be worth telling him I would call, if you have his number!

RUNCHARGER

I seen an FJ6 Demon on Kijiji for around $40k yesterday. I didn't check it out as I thought that would have to be perfect for that price.
Sheldon

72 Challenger

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 22, 2019, 07:07:22 AM
I seen an FJ6 Demon on Kijiji for around $40k yesterday. I didn't check it out as I thought that would have to be perfect for that price.

That same Demon has been up for sale a few times. I think it is a good car but it needs to be cheaper due to it's condition. I'd expect a lot more done for the 42k he is asking. 

ToxicWolf

I've got a 70 duster 4 speed that my wife will never let me sell.  They really are fun to drive.  :banana:

Here is some info on mine

https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/anybody-know-anything-about-a-bodies/7737/msg107388#msg107388

72 Challenger

Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 22, 2019, 06:53:51 PM
I've got a 70 duster 4 speed that my wife will never let me sell.  They really are fun to drive.  :banana:

Here is some info on mine

https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/anybody-know-anything-about-a-bodies/7737/msg107388#msg107388

I love it! I hope to have one for summer. I have yet to meet someone who did not enjoy driving an A body.

I love E bodies but I can't afford the one I want. This makes me feel like I'm always driving an e body as a filler till I get something else. I don't like that feeling. When the sky falls on the T/A market I will be there, cash in hand!

usraptor

Good luck with your Demon search.  How about posting some pics of that Cougar?  When I met my wife she had a red 1967 RX-GT Cougar with a 390S Thunderbird engine. It is even rarer than my original 70 Cuda.  Funny side note is that when I asked her what engine it had, she had no idea.  She bought it off a used car lot because it was red and she like the sequential tail lights.  LOL

72 Challenger

Quote from: usraptor on February 26, 2019, 09:27:11 AM
Good luck with your Demon search.  How about posting some pics of that Cougar?  When I met my wife she had a red 1967 RX-GT Cougar with a 390S Thunderbird engine. It is even rarer than my original 70 Cuda.  Funny side note is that when I asked her what engine it had, she had no idea.  She bought it off a used car lot because it was red and she like the sequential tail lights.  LOL

I can grab some pictures tonight. It's still not assembled, but you will get the idea. I really love the looks of it.