Main Menu

Hurricane Dorian

Started by 73440, August 29, 2019, 09:22:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Hope everyone in the path of Dorian has everything high and dry.
It does not look like a good few next days.
Been thru a lot of hurricanes while was living 22 years in Fla,from Andrew thru Wilma and all in between, then Harvey in Houston.Can't get away from them, ugh.

And of course I have a flight to Ft Lauderdale Sat afternoon evening .
If it doesn't turn North , it will probably be cancelled.

Be safe all !

Cuda Cody

dodj

That sure grew fast. Before PR, It seemed to be puttering along as a tropical storm that might make landfall as a cat one. Now projecting cat 4?!?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

At least it drops pretty quick to a CAT 1 after landfall  :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

My folks just moved back to Florida two months ago. They are at Palm Coast which is slightly north of the landing zone and around eight miles inland. They may not have to deal with coastal flooding but the enormous amount of rain will definitely turn everything into (more of) a swamp. Especially as it turns north after making land. I can't talk any sense into them either. We will be fine they keep saying. And for some reason that I cannot grasp, my dad sold his generator earlier this week saying he never uses it and doesn't want to mess with it.

Daveh

I'm right in the landfall path in South Florida.  Have plenty of water, food and fuel for the generator.  Will be getting the house ready over the weekend.  Got an e-mail from American Collectors Insurance saying if I move the Challenger to higher ground for storage they will pay it.  I thought that was pretty cool. 

Dave

7E-Bodies

Get them Mopars to high ground and stay safe!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Yeah if it comes in as a four I see some power lines down make sure you got the fuel for the generators I don't think I'm going to be flying down because I don't think I'll be able to get out

Daveh

The price we pay for living in paradise.  Most of the year. 

70 Challenger Lover

That is a great offer for your car. I'd be tempted to take them up on that.

76orangewagon

High ground in Florida ??

Daveh

I know right.  High ground in Florida usually means a landfill.   :haha:  Seriously

ViperMan

I hope everyone stays safe and suffers minimal damage, but I also know that most storms are blown way out of proportion by news outlets.  I hold a long-standing theory that grocery stores ask the news outlets to blow an upcoming storm out of proportion when the stores have too much eggs/bread/milk sitting on the shelves...  :)

Chryco Psycho

I pray it drop power or turns away , Stay safe no matter what !

ToxicWolf

We are in the Orlando area but it looks like it will come ashore south of us.  It's the people in the Bahamas I feel sorry for.  :rolleyes: