Main Menu

I bought some cans

Started by blown motor, January 18, 2020, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I bought a small collection today to help decorate my shop. 79 items in total. Here's a sampling, some are full and some are not.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

PatO

Now that's cool.

I remember as a young kid, I'd help my dad out on weekends at the service station.  I'd pump the oil out of 55 gallon drums, fill the glass jars and screw on the spouts -  then line them up on the shelf.  I think there were only two or three grades, not to complicated then.

Thanx for the flash back.

jimynick

Do you remember that those oil cans used to come 24 to a case? Pick those babies up! Hey Murray, if you need a punch to open those oil cans, I've got one for ya! No charge! LOL  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Jay Bee

Anytime I hear the words "oil Cans" it reminds me of this. Nice score BTW.

cuda hunter

I've used oil from the old cans recently and the old oil works fine. 

Those cans are pretty cool!   I really like the supertest can.  that Canadian leaf looks really good for display.

What year did they start putting viscosity weight differences in the oil?  10W30 15w40 etc.   I;ve some earlier ones that don't have the W, just a standard weight.   

I can remember these in the service centers in rural Louisiana when I grew up in the later 70's earlier 80's. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 19, 2020, 06:25:14 AM
Anytime I hear the words "oil Cans" it reminds me of this. Nice score BTW.

You beat me to it John...I was thinking the same thing  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: GREAT MOVIE !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Thats a nice group.
The glass oil bottles are very collectible especially if they have a seldom seen logo.
Here's a sample of some of the Mopar ones I have
..haven't added any in over 20 years.
Light makes some look dented, but they are not and all are full.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Frank Fritz would be so proud of you two.

JS29

I still have a spout for them cans. A guy i know brought his son over to my shop, and could not figure out what it was. he had only seen oil come in bottles.  :haha:

blown motor

@mccannix  Very cool collection. I'm starting to collect Mopar stuff. Got this today.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

mccannix

You've got a good start there....takes a long time.
I've got the metal embossed sign as well showing some of the cans