Main Menu

Anyone ever seen a Chrysler Sno-runner?

Started by 72 Challenger, January 23, 2020, 08:03:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-chrysler-sno-runner/

I was searching Bring a Trailer and came across this. I absolutely love it and never knew I needed one.

Anyone ever seen one before or even better taken one out for a spin?
Someday I will have a J0b.

Brads70

I've seen them in pictures but not live in the flesh so to speak. Cool thing to have! I wonder how well they work?

dodgemania

mopartaz

I had a chance to buy one at e-town swap meet back in the late 80's, always wanted to take one for a spin when it snowed.

BUT.... now they make a HARLEY snow bike..Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqs_DmFISM

GrandpaKevin

I bought a new one back when Chrysler marine was going out of bushiness.

Cool if your for looking for a conversation piece or to putt very slowly around a small, flat yard but don't expect to do any major cross country snow travel. Think moped for the snow.

The track consists of a bicycle chain with plastic cleats screwed on, broke often.
Awkward riding position,
No suspension.
Weak, temperamental engine with even weaker centrifugal go cart type clutch.

Again if you want something for serious snow travel and fun stick with a snowmobile. :alan2cents:

Burdar

I've seen a few over the years.  Mostly at big swap meets.  They are cool looking.  I read an article about them years ago that stated they didn't work very well.

72 Challenger

I was thinking conversation piece.

That track seems rather inefficient but I like the oddity factor.

@GrandpaKevin Do you remember what they cost?
Someday I will have a J0b.

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: 72 Challenger on January 24, 2020, 04:13:31 AM
I was thinking conversation piece.

That track seems rather inefficient but I like the oddity factor.

@GrandpaKevin Do you remember what they cost?

I bought mine  in the 80's from a guy who bought out a local Chrysler Marine dealership, he had about 6 or 7 of them.
I don't remember what I paid but I didn't have a lot of money then so I'm sure it was under $700. I rarely rode it and it sat for a few years in my parents garage. It was in excellent cosmetic condition when I sold it but the engine would not start, carb issues. I think I sold it for around $150.

MRM82

Funny you ask about those, I was too late on one 3 winters ago for 50 bucks on Craigslist. I think about it every winter, they do seem limited as what they can do. YouTube has some videos of people's riding them

snorunner

I have a few SnoRunners, including the high performance model.  I just rode one on Lake Winnipesaukee this morning. 
My sons and I would search for pieces and parts in the fall and make a project out of putting them together and ready for winter.

Cuda Cody

Those are super cool.

And Welcome to the forum @snorunner   :welcome:

JS29