BIGSHCLUNK

... but this one is still in the crate   :haha:

Topcat

:fingerscrossed:

AAA Tow coverage decal.   

Says it all.

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

:))   Not many of those still around..... not that I'm too upset by that.

RUNCHARGER

Right car for the times that saved Chrysler. I drove one once when the dealer was doing a warranty thing on my truck. I tried to like Turbo Daytonas enough to buy one but never got that far.
Sheldon

challengermaniac

I drove a company "K" car and liked it, especially with the roof mounted cell phone antenna that made a lot of drivers think it was an unmarked Cop car! 
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

MEK-Dangerous

My poor Dad bought a '81 Dodge Aries wagon brand new. It was root beer brown. It had the radio delete option. Of course, I fixed that problem as soon as he bought it. The 2.2 Liter engine was gasping for air by the time the car got 100,000 miles on it. He deserved better.   

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 11, 2019, 07:48:18 AM
Right car for the times that saved Chrysler. I drove one once when the dealer was doing a warranty thing on my truck. I tried to like Turbo Daytonas enough to buy one but never got that far.

I bought the best Turbo Daytona built , the 88 Shelby Z electric blue , what a piece of junk , I walked more than I drove .
Trust me Sheldon you missed out on Nothing but heartache  :Thud:

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: I tried to like them to support Chrysler and I tried out a few of them. I stuck to buying new Dodge pickups every few years and lots of parts for the old stuff. :D
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

I will admit, the Chrysler lineup turned me off (trucks excluded) for years... K's, Omi/Horizons,  :barf:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I remembered trying out a 5.0 Mustang 5 speed when they first came out and thinking "this is what car guys have wanted for so long". Apparently me and everyone else thought the same. The late 70's and 80's were pretty dark for car guys. That's why we love the old stuff though I suppose.
Sheldon

challengermaniac

So true!  Around 1975 I remember thinking the automotive designers are all morons given their latest offerings looked like junk in comparison to all of the beautiful creations of the late sixties and early seventies.  I thought we really need to go backward in time which of course is what we do now with these classic cars!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Chryco Psycho

I have always owned a Dodge Truck , most were the 71 - 92 style , Solid reliable & cheap to fix if they ever needed anything which was not often , Dodge a lot of cool truck trim packages .

72 Challenger

a couple years ago n early k car coupe broke down in front of my house, very young guy driving. He was clearly struggling with something and with some knowledge I decided I would help. He was 16, got the car from his grandmothers garage. It was the 22hp model and it was his first car. The car had zero rust.  It was a perfect first car. The issue was a clogged fuel filter. I showed buddy how to install it and away he went. Turns out he lived off a side street down the way.
Someday I will have a J0b.

jordan

I bought a used Aries K car when I got out of college.  I bought it from my uncle who was working at a dealership.  It was a trade in from a handicapped person.  15k mi for $1500!!  Total score for a broke guy starting out in life.  What a POS!!  It idled so bad the the carburetor loosened and fell off!!!  I replaced the carb numerous times.  One time I forgot to put the oil cap on and it poured oil all over the engine compartment as I drove down the highway.  When I finally had to stop in the middle of nowhere, it started on fire.  I was able to put it out, get a ride to the nearest town from a nice christian couple to buy a cap and oil, and then continue my drive.  I sold it at 50k mi for $1500.  What a relief!!  My buddy literally drove it to its death as a mail carrier car.  Wasn't long before it was in the junk yard. 

Remember the coolest thing about the upscale K-car?  It talked when you opened up the door!!  Way cool in the 80s. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"