Main Menu

I'm completely devastated

Started by 70/6chall, November 06, 2017, 08:08:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

73_Cuda_4_Me

Thoughts and many prayers to you and your family, Al... the loss of a brother is tough! Lost one of mine in 2010, and it still is tough for our family yet today... My brother made a choice, though...

Coming from a family of 12 kids (9 boys 3 girls) helps a lot. We've come a long way, and a lot has to do with sibling support we gave to each other, so I sure do hope and pray you have loved ones to talk to... if not, you will always have a family here that will be as supportive as possible...

What is the best memory you have with him from when you were growing up...? Share that, and he'll live on with you and all of us, too!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

70/6chall

Thank you so very much, each and everyone of you. I do believe in my heart this is what I needed, and all of you are there to light my way in my hour of darkness.your heartfelt words of consolation truley gave me a reason to move ahead. I was asked do I have siblings, yes to answer this question, I'm from a family of eight children. I'm the oldest of six boys and two girls, it's not that there isn't family members to lean on. It seems in the past, a little over two years I've lost both my parents and another brother to cancer. Please! enough, this is averaging one every six months for the two years. I myself, as I've said in here on this forum, have had Three heart attacks, I ask "why" am I still here?
Again I say Thank You, I cannot think of the words that would fit here to convey how I feel........... except Thank You,   Al

Jim AAR

So sorry to hear, my condolences.

I lost my dad when i was 13 to cancer & my mom suddenly to a Sub Arachnoid brain hemorrhage 7 years ago a month before she was to retire, it sucks.

I think of all the good memories i have of them all the time, they help me through the dark times.....

303 Mopar

Sorry to hear about your brother.  I agree, think about the good times and great memories.  No one or nothing can take those away!

61K T/A

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you brother. My thoughts and condolences go out to you. I too just went through this a couple of months ago.

chargerdon

So sorry for your loss...   

I too lost my brother to a heart attack 5 days before last Christmas.    In his case he had gone to the hospital for a "routine" out patient hernia repair.   Went under anesthesia and never regained consciousness.   

I will miss him terribly until i'm gone.   

dodj

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Memories will keep him with you always.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudakiller70

Unexpected loss of a loved one like this just can hit us so hard, Al you seem strong and blessed with a good family. This reminds me that every day is a gift. So sad for your loss, prayers for you and your family.

MOPAR MITCH

My thoughts and prayers are with you during your family loss.

RUNCHARGER

That's a lot to go through in two years Al. Just keep slugging away, it will get better even though it doesn't feel like it will when you are going through it.
Sheldon

Brads70

Hang in there, feel free to " vent" none of us get out of this life without " scars"  We are here for you!  :console:

Timbbuc2

Sorry to hear about your loss, stay strong my friend
Get in, I'll drive

J-Code Jeni

I am heartbroken for you, Al, and also, I am grateful this amazing community brought you some comfort at this tragic time.   :grouphug:

Don't you find each loss opens the wounds from those prior? I know I do.

I agree with @73_Cuda_4_Me , those we lose live on in memories we share. I would also love to hear a favorite story about your brother when you have a moment.

70/6chall

Thank you again one and all for your heartfelt sympathy and compassion. It's true I loved my brother very much and always will until the day I can join him and my family members who have gone on before me. But then I love all of my brothers and sisters very much. I do appreciate from my heart the time you, my fellow forum members, have taken out of your busy lives to reflect and to lift me up.
I am going to leave with you a recent photo of my brother Chuck and his Son Chuck Jr.
      Thanks,   Al

blown motor

I'm thinking of you Al. I know you have a tough week coming up. Stay strong.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel