Main Menu

In the crazy but true category….

Started by blown motor, September 24, 2024, 07:25:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Check this out.  Let's see some more "crazy but true" stuff.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Must of offset the the cost of R&D and manufacturing for the "specific oil baffles", "specially designed carburetors, batteries" and "added plastic spacers" per car to make it worth while. I love to know by how much though.

Mr Lee

Quote from: Jay Bee on September 24, 2024, 07:36:14 AMMust of offset the the cost of R&D and manufacturing for the "specific oil baffles", "specially designed carburetors, batteries" and "added plastic spacers" per car to make it worth while. I love to know by how much though.

Not to mention those rail cars.   I mean, look at the way they fold up like a murphy bed.  Were those rail cars already designed like that to haul something else?
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

RUNCHARGER

No: Purpose designed. I actually liked the styling of those cars but they were a GM engineering flop all around. Exhaust systems would get torn off in car washes, aluminum cylinder walls would be worn out at 30,000 miles. If CHrysler designed junk like that it would have buried the company in 1971 not 1979.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

My mom was looking for a cheap compact car in 1972.  I remember going with my parents when they test drove a Vega.  I loved Pintos and hoped they'd get a Pinto.  They ended up getting the Pinto, which as it turned out, they sold it to me my senior year in HS in 1979 to use as a beater, as the Challenger T/A I'd bought the year before was anything but a practical driver in winter time.
All jokes about exploding aside, I'm glad they bought the Pinto instead of a Vega.  It served me well that year I drove it.  And I got an A in Auto shop class due to working on it often in class!  :haha:
I do recall hearing about that transport method when Vegas came out.  Interesting concept but seems like a lot of additional work to design the car to be propped up 90° to ship, and to build railcars specifically to transport just one model of car.