Main Menu

Is it true? Mr. Norm passed away?

Started by Cuda Cody, February 27, 2021, 08:49:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

:'(  has anyone heard anything? Just got word that Mr. Norm may have passed away today.

Skdmark

So far just seeing threads on the other mopar forums. Waiting to see if Rhinodart on moparts posts something.
Someone commented it was on the MCACN Facebook page too.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Yea, it's all over the internet  :andyangel:

Norman Kraus, age 87, late of Highland Park, IL passed away on Friday 2/26/21. Beloved husband of the late Francine, nee Waltzer; devoted father of Lori, Lee (Michele) and Lyle Kraus. Proud grandfather of Stefanie, Andi, Briggs, Tessa, Kaitlin, Michael, Jack, Nicholas, and the late Justin. Great grandfather of Khloe, Jasmine, Evan and Wade. Services are private. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project, woundedwarriorproject.org. For information, 847-256-5700.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Chryco Psycho

cuda hunter

Very unfortunate.  Rest In Peace Mr. Norm

I very much appreciate that they have made contribution support to the very specific,   Wounded Warrior Project .
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

js27

Sad Day-another Mopar King is gone but his Legacy LIVES ON !!
JS27

jimynick

R.I.P. Mr.Norm. I had the chance to meet him twice, once at Steve Plunkett's car show and once at Moparfest as well. Kind, gracious and a Mopar icon, all in one. The Mopar world has suffered the loss of one of the true pioneers and we'll be the worse for that loss. Go gently into that good night, Norm.  :andyangel:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JH27N0B

My T/A is a Mr Norms car, in fact, it may have been sold by Mr Norms twice!  When I bought it, it had a Grand Spaulding Dodge sticker on it that listed the Chicago location and a Buffalo Grove location (that's a northwest Chicago 'burb).  When Larry Weiner started selling Mr Norms swag, I asked him about that and he said the suburban location didn't open until '72 or thereabouts.  But he had my paperwork for when it sold new out of the Chicago location. So maybe it was sold again used in the 70s at the suburban store?
At any rate, he's been a fixture at local shows for a long time and I've got a bunch of signed items like Diecast cars, banners, tee shirts and even a Mr Norms bobble head.  Most of which is displayed in a little shrine I have in my rec room.  Last time I saw him was MCACN 2019, he was having trouble walking far so I gave him a couple lifts in a golf cart I'd been using.  He was very appreciative and gave me a signed hat for the favor.  I'll treasure it always!  I'll miss seeing him at the shows.  :andyangel:

CNUMB

RIP.. Mr Norm.. You were a legend for Mopar/Chrysler :andyangel:

340challconvert

I felt it appropriate to offer condolences to the family and recognize Mr. Norm's contributions to our hobby on Legacy website!
If anyone would like to do the same!   :andyangel:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/norman-kraus-obituary?pid=197896493&page=4

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

MOPAR MITCH

I grew up on Spaulding Ave.. on the further north side of Chicago... used to go the his dealership to buy DC/MP parts.   Met him a few times at local midwest shows; I have some various artwork collections from GSD.   Yep... a real Legend.. RIP.