Main Menu

Last Minute Car Hauling?

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, November 17, 2020, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

I bought a 69 Coronet RT from a guy in Ohio and I'm trying to get it delivered straight to our new house in Nashville. The company I've been trying to work with is failing to come through for me leaving me in a pinch. The problem is I'm trying to time the delivery with our being out there during thanksgiving weekend.

Anyone know of a reliable transporter in that area who might take on a short day trip on short notice? I hate the idea of driving a restored car 300 miles, probably while it's raining.

I seem to recall a guy on this site but don't have his info.

Bills Auto Works

Quote from: TX9AAR on November 17, 2020, 08:55:27 PM
I think the guy on this site is @Bills Auto Works.  You could try Rhinodart on Moparts I think he hauls cars, he is from the Chicago area

Thank you Sir,

Yes I am on the site & I am based in Ohio

https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/nationwide-single-car-transport-open-or-enclosed/92/

Unfortunately for the OP, I am closed till after the 1st of the year so I can spend the holidays with my family who I don't get to see much running 125-155k per year for decades. Honestly you will have a hard time finding the Quality personalized service you are looking for this close to the dates you need AND over a holiday weekend. Even if I were not closed, after 37+ years I know better than to transport on a holiday weekend...Too many amateurs bouncing off each other to be safe for my customers vehicle or my equipment.

Rhinodart is also a good transporter, but probably will be home with his family as well! You might give Doc Schwarz a call, another Quality transporter & a Mopar guy that I send some of my overflow to at (734) 341-0507. He is based in the Detroit area. As always stay far away from the one who calls himself "Trulyvintage" or "Freighter Jim"

God Bless & Happy Thanksgiving
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

70 Challenger Lover

Thank you Bill. I'll give it a try. We are actually there the whole week prior to the holiday but its tough finding someone available that particular week, even for extra money. What has me irritated is the company the seller recommended has been trying unsuccessfully for a month to fill the order so this last minute crap is me putting faith in someone that now appears misplaced.

On the plus side, the seller is easy to work with so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will work out eventually.

js27

The guy who delivered my Satellite is from Tenn. He works for himself and only has a open trailer but is super nice guy and very Reasonable. I think he charges $1.25 per loaded mile.  I can give you his number if interested.
JS27

Matt M

I have used Jim "Rhinodart" several times.
He did a great job. On time on target both times.

Good Luck