Started by blown motor, March 29, 2017, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

The bride and I are sitting in The Rats Nest- our loving term for our main street apartment one Saturday, when we hear engines roaring- we lived at an intersection on the main drag- and heard tires howling and then a terrible crashing sound! We ran out to discover the drunken idiots who were trying to beat another idiot at the lights had poorly estimated the power of their old station wagon and in doing so, had rear ended a parked car and were now scrambling around on the street trying to gather their beer bottles that had flown out due to the severity of the collision. Try to imagine my dismay when I realized that the parked cat they'd driven nearly through- was my 73 Dart Sport 340! SOB!  :verymad:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Timbbuc2

My deal was not a wreck but a flood in 1979 at my work. At 1020 PM they told us to leave,SO when I went to my car a 77 Vega, black with gold stripes, there was water 3" deep in the parking lot. I took off my shoes so they would not get wet. I drove to the back off the plant and water was going over the hood lifting the rear wheels off the pavement. I backed up to higher ground and went inside to call my wife to tell her what was going on.
  So after that I went back to my car to get a drink of a beverage to calm my nerves and my car was gone, shoes and my beverage. We all wound up on the roof in the middle of a thunderstorm.
Next day I found my car ontop of two other cars.
I had paid extra payments on my car and paid it off two months earlier. @DAYLEY/CHALLENGER would know about that.
There was 6" of water on the main floor and the basement area was a total loss. 2 weeks after the flood we started to get machines running again
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 01, 2019, 09:34:33 PM
My deal was not a wreck but a flood in 1979 at my work. At 1020 PM they told us to leave,SO when I went to my car a 77 Vega, black with gold stripes, there was water 3" deep in the parking lot. I took off my shoes so they would not get wet. I drove to the back off the plant and water was going over the hood lifting the rear wheels off the pavement. I backed up to higher ground and went inside to call my wife to tell her what was going on.
  So after that I went back to my car to get a drink of a beverage to calm my nerves and my car was gone, shoes and my beverage. We all wound up on the roof in the middle of a thunderstorm.
I had paid extra payments on my car and paid it off two months earlier. @DAYLEY/CHALLENGER would know about that.
There was 6" of water on the main floor and the basement area was a total loss. 2 weeks after the flood we started to get machines running again

Yes, for sure on the flood.  I was working at the Carolina plant at that time.  I have the folder somewhere that was printed up showing all the mess.  Hard times for sure.    The Vega sounds interesting!

RUNCHARGER

The funniest one I did was at work. We had an Explorer and there was quite a bit of snow so I was slowly driving in a millsite (like maybe 10MPH) and I ran into a timber buried in the snow. Steering wheel was crooked so I knew I did something to the front axle of it. Ended up with so much damage to the 2 year old Explorer that they totalled it. After that we ran Jeeps. Not all 4WD's are built robustly.
Sheldon

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well......about 1971 or 72.... can't remember......coming home from work......there was a summer rain shower in the afternoon.  Rounded a  curve and crossed up bad.......headed for a tree on the right side of the road, cut back and ran off the road on the left side and down a 10 foot bank into a corn field.   Must have hit a rock as I usually kept change in the ash tray and it flew open and coins all over the place.  Landed flat, soft dirt.. set there for a bit, some of the fellow workers stopped and with a push and my 340, 70 Challenger, the red one.. drove it out of the field.  Headed home again, about 1/2 mile I met a State Trooper...( Martin ) as Tim will know........  I had cracked a header so I let off the gas, went by him quietly, and then took the next side road to be off the main road and went home.......Not much damage, just an unpleasant experience.  Saved me a ticket I believe........You go off the wrong side of the road....automatic ticket.  Trooper Martin was the local hard State Trooper.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on April 02, 2019, 06:39:34 AM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 01, 2019, 09:34:33 PM

Yes, for sure on the flood.  I was working at the Carolina plant at that time.  I have the folder somewhere that was printed up showing all the mess.  Hard times for sure.    The Vega sounds interesting!
That folder that was printed about the flood had a picture of my Vega sitting ontop of two cars
Get in, I'll drive

YellowThumper

Sideswiped in my convertible Pinto going thru intersection @ around 45 - 50 mph. Lady pulled out running light as I was entering intersection. Clipped my rear passenger tire, kicked me sideways. Slid sideways over center curbed median into oncoming left turn lane. Luckily it was empty. When I stopped sliding sideways, the momentum carried me forward aimed at divider. Drove over it again taking out a small tree. Was not harmed but most every inch of the car was damaged. As it was also lowered front and back some of the floor came up to meet me on the inside. Light was green for me the whole time. The lady saw some one make a right turn without stopping for the red so she just assumed it had turned green for her. NOT... :bricks:

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.