Main Menu

Long wait times for repro parts

Started by Skdmark, October 28, 2021, 11:53:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Just got my M&H harness from Year One after ordering it May 28th (about 5 months)
So much for having Rallye Gauges installed for this season.

So what are the current wait times you have for back ordered parts from the repro outlets?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Brads70

Pretty much every industry is experiencing this. Be thankful your not building a AMC !  :(' You think Mopar parts are bad...  :haha:

I've had QA1 shock ordered all summer with a maybe in 2 weeks?

I sent a pair of taillights for my 71 Javelin in to get sequential LED tail lights made.... almost 2 years ago now.... still waiting.  :pullinghair:

Aloha Randy

My Year One Dash Pad is 4 months out and counting. When asked, all they would say is you will get is someday, but not sure it will be this year...

69BFan

We have some of the some very basic clips and fasteners needed to complete some of our finished product being possibly six months out.  One of the chemicals used in the production of the rubber body bumpers is not to be found.  Also every day, there is another email coming down alerting us to a price increase, generally in the 8 to 15% range.  Any new products that were on the books to be evaluated for reproduction have mostly been put on hold.  The availability of some items may possibly never come back. 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

71vert340

It took 6 months to get my Legendary bench seat covers for my 74 Charger.
Terry W.

anlauto

Ordered new seat covers from Legendary July 7th 2021 "supposed" to be ready the end of Jan. 2022... PRE-PAID of course :headbang:

Order trim rings from Summit Sept 30th.....due to be shipped TODAY....just checked now and the date switched to Jan 19 2022  :pullinghair: PRE-PAID of course...

...and PolyGlas Tires from Summit....ordered July 7th due December 9th HOPEFULLY...

.SUMMIT MUST BE PRE-PAID OF COURSE :takemymoney:

That's just some current ones...I can go on and on :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar jack

I'm waiting for fuel lines, sending unit, brake lines, various decals and misc parts for my 71 road runner since May of 2020 !!!

Filthy Filbert

AMD is out of stock on about half of their replacement panels.   Frustrating because I'm finally in a position in life where I can dedicate funds to the restoration, and now nothing is available. 

rhamson

Order early if you can and continue to wait. I am surprised that some items came so quickly such as Keystone bumpers for my 72 Challenger.

FE5CUDA

Quote from: 69BFan on October 28, 2021, 05:11:48 PM
We have some of the some very basic clips and fasteners needed to complete some of our finished product being possibly six months out.  One of the chemicals used in the production of the rubber body bumpers is not to be found.  Also every day, there is another email coming down alerting us to a price increase, generally in the 8 to 15% range.  Any new products that were on the books to be evaluated for reproduction have mostly been put on hold.  The availability of some items may possibly never come back.

You have to love it when the Democrats are running the show. :headbang:

7E-Bodies

Just got a call from Bob at ABC Moparts this week. Great guy. It's finally my turn to get my 70 F8 non AC dash pad made. He's communicated well throughout the year I've been on the list. First the fluvid hit his work force, then foam became unobtainable, then backlog wait. Zero complaints from me however. As stated, a great guy, and I intentionally began my wait early. I've also been waiting the better part of a year for my flip top gas cap from Classic Industries, but again, I ordered long before needed. My concerns revolve around all the last minute trinkets that'll be needed during final assembly. This is why I have parts yet waited to rebuild my heater box and steering column. That'll give me things to do.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

That convertible that arrived July 1st had 90% of the parts ordered in July...The car won't be close to finished until this time next year...hopefully I'll have all the parts by then :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

I hear that all your parts will be delivered on 2000never.

:bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200