Main Menu

Lost a sith lord

Started by dodj, November 30, 2020, 08:29:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

David Prowse, Darth Vader, died this past weekend.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Yea....I was going to post that....but didn't want to take the shitstorm from all the Star Wars haters on here.... :vipermanhiding: :bricks:

I just watched the LEGO Star Wars Christmas Special....it's hilarious, if you get a chance, check it out (currently on Disney+)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

My other hobby is SW Prop building and rounding out my 77-83 Kenner collection.
Met David Prowse and a couple of the OT cast on the con circuits over the years. Good memories.

Something from the home collection.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Cudajason

Sounds like he lived a good life form what I read, but still sad.

Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2020, 08:50:50 AM
Yea....I was going to post that....but didn't want to take the shitstorm from all the Star Wars haters on here.... :vipermanhiding: :bricks:

I just watched the LEGO Star Wars Christmas Special....it's hilarious, if you get a chance, check it out (currently on Disney+)

pfft cant please everyone.  I was going to watch the Lego special, I may have to now.

Quote from: Skdmark on November 30, 2020, 01:11:54 PM
My other hobby is SW Prop building and rounding out my 77-83 Kenner collection.
Met David Prowse and a couple of the OT cast on the con circuits over the years. Good memories.

Something from the home collection.

@Skdmark ddi you build the light sabers???  Those look very cool.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Skdmark

They are assembled from a mix of reproduction parts and original parts used by the prop builders.
A large portion of the props built for the original trilogy were found objects that were repurposed, painted, weathered and modified etc.

Luke's saber is a 3 cell Graflex flash tube from a camera, bubbles from a Texas Instruments calculator and parts of sliding cabinet door track.

Vader's saber is a 3 cell flash tube from Micro Precision Products and was extremely rare to begin with. Same add-ons as Luke's.

Obi-wan's saber is the hardest and  most expensive to build using real parts. WW1 rifle grenade body, nozzle from a British military jet engine, clamp from a Graflex, same calc bubbles, a sink knob from British MFR.

Vintage camera collectors really hate Star Wars fans because once a part is "found" the prices skyrocket, supplies dry up and a once functioning camera item gets chopped up.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2020, 03:26:26 PM
Yea....but do they work ? :vipermanhiding:

The Sabres don't.
These do...   :D

Especially the Gaffi stick
-Harlan Ellison

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2020, 08:50:50 AM
Didn't know you were that thin skinned Alan.. :pokeeye:

I'm always in for Star Wars, Star Trek, or any other good sci-fi. The Floor mats in my Challenger are Marvin the Martian from Bugs Bunny..lol

By the way, if you are looking for a hilarious Star Wars show. Check out the Family Guy Episodes of Star Wars. Search 'Laugh it up Fuzzball' Family guy Trilogy.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Skdmark

Lost a Bounty Hunter now. Ironic as his SW character was just brought back in The Mandalorian.
http://www.jeremybulloch.com/

Jeremy was a class act with the fandom.
About 12 years ago there was a project to build him a replica ESB Fett costume. I made and donated several of the CNC machined parts that wound up in the build. Cool project and was a blast.
-Harlan Ellison

dodj

Skdmark

I wonder if he'll be cremated. Too soon?

-Harlan Ellison