Main Menu

Lost one of our dogs today

Started by 06Daytona, July 19, 2018, 08:06:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

06Daytona

Today Ewok the Chihuahua had to be put to sleep. He was only about 9 years old, but he had a tumor on his colon that was keeping him from pooping and it ended up pushing his intestines to one side. The vet operated to see but there was nothing he could do.

RUNCHARGER

Sorry about that. Cute little fellow.
Sheldon

Timbbuc2

Thats sad. It is very tough  loosing them. I had to put to sleep several over the years, not easy but best for them not to suffer.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

So sorry to hear about your dog.  They are like family.  :(

Spikedog08

This is terrible news . . . I have a chihuahua that is also 9 years old and I just about lost him last year when his windpipe collapsed and I had to race him 1/2 hour to the hospital that had the ability to help him.  I did 100MPH on the freeway and safely ran 3 red lights to just make it.  He had to have CPR to bring him back and then a stent was inserted to keep his windpipe open.  A whole lot of money later and he is still with me! 

He is the best . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Very sorry to hear of Ewok's passing, it hurts but at least he's not suffering anymore...

06Daytona

Dogs are amazing and a little creepy. We have dogs spread throughout the house. We have 2 in the living room, 2 on the balcony and laundry room, 2 outside and 6 in our bedroom. When I got home from seeing Ewok at the vet I passed the living room dogs and they sniffed my hand and cried which set off the other dogs, next I went to the balcony dogs and did the same thing and they cried. When I got to the bedroom all the dogs there came over to sniff my hand and they all cried too. Every time that they cried, they all cried and when I got on the bed they all jumped up and wanted cuddles. Even Ewoks sister who is really shy and spends most of the day under the bed came up and just wanted to lay beside me. I have to go back to the vet this afternoon to pick Ewok up so we can bury him in the yard beside the cat that we lost a few years ago.
He was such a happy little dog and loved to run around the house and play with the cats and he got along with all the other dogs. He could never get on the bed by himself even though we had stairs, so he would come to my side of the bed and put his front legs up to let me know he wanted up and when I lifted him he would jump to help me lift him. If I didn't help him up he would run to my wife's side to get help from her. When my back was bad and right after my surgery he went right to my wife's side of the bed and then would come over and lay next to me.
When we took him anywhere in the car he would sit on my lap and look out the drivers window and watch everything go by. I have his little spiked collar in my truck around the 4x4 shifter and it's going to stay there unless I fins a more appropriate place for it.

303 Mopar

Sorry to hear, pets are like family.  :andyangel:

06Daytona

Here are the rest of the pups
First is Midget
Mini laying on Red's neck
The black one is Pebbles, the white one is Hemi and the Chihuahua is Mini again. Taken today after the vet.
Pom Pom or Miss Piggy, depending on who's calling her
James Bond with Batman and Lucky in the background
Oreo and Midget
Homer and Lucky who are both in the living room right now
Batman showing off.
Mini, Pebbles, Pom Pom, James Bond, Batman, Lucky, Oreo, Homer and Red are all rescues.
Kira is hiding right now but I'll gewt a picture of her too.

Spikedog08

Quote from: 06Daytona on July 19, 2018, 09:11:53 AM
Dogs are amazing and a little creepy. We have dogs spread throughout the house. We have 2 in the living room, 2 on the balcony and laundry room, 2 outside and 6 in our bedroom. When I got home from seeing Ewok at the vet I passed the living room dogs and they sniffed my hand and cried which set off the other dogs, next I went to the balcony dogs and did the same thing and they cried. When I got to the bedroom all the dogs there came over to sniff my hand and they all cried too. Every time that they cried, they all cried and when I got on the bed they all jumped up and wanted cuddles. Even Ewoks sister who is really shy and spends most of the day under the bed came up and just wanted to lay beside me. I have to go back to the vet this afternoon to pick Ewok up so we can bury him in the yard beside the cat that we lost a few years ago.
He was such a happy little dog and loved to run around the house and play with the cats and he got along with all the other dogs. He could never get on the bed by himself even though we had stairs, so he would come to my side of the bed and put his front legs up to let me know he wanted up and when I lifted him he would jump to help me lift him. If I didn't help him up he would run to my wife's side to get help from her. When my back was bad and right after my surgery he went right to my wife's side of the bed and then would come over and lay next to me.
When we took him anywhere in the car he would sit on my lap and look out the drivers window and watch everything go by. I have his little spiked collar in my truck around the 4x4 shifter and it's going to stay there unless I fins a more appropriate place for it.

Well there is my cry for the day . . .  :crying:  You have some nice looking dogs, I only have the one and he is my first . . gonna be tough when the day comes that I lose him. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JS29

:sorry: :(' they are part of the family, at least to some of us. you have my condolences!!!!

Dakota

Sorry to hear about your loss.  One of the few things that's made me cry as an adult was putting one of our dogs down. The 2 we have now are both about 9 years old, so your story hits home.

HP_Cuda

It's tough losing a close pet. Sorry for your loss.

:andyangel:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

71-440

So sorry for your loss. :andyangel:

Our dogs are our children too.

Joe

PatO

Sorry to hear about your loss.  My dog is over 11 and I can see what's coming. Been there before, and yes, I'll get another dog to relish all the good,    :twothumbsup:  along with a bit of the bad.  :pullinghair:

I've always kept this little missive for times like this, hopefully it's appreciated for what is for:

Do Dogs Go To Heaven?

The question, it seems to me, suggests more the arrogance of Man
then the worthiness of these virtuous  animals.

Consider for a moment, these personal observations of the dogs I
have known and loved:

Without exception, they savored life for all it could offer.  They
faced every one of their days with a sense of adventure and joy and
good-natured spirit, a spirit tempered only by overriding
eagerness to please and love their masters, for nothing gave them
more pleasure.

Not to the smallest degree were they capable of recrimination,
sarcasm, pettiness, or treachery.  They were, however, eminently
capable of qualities to which Man can only aspire.

"Unconditional love", for example, is a very modern term Man has
coined to describe a paragon of loving...an all-forgiving love, a love
without reward, expectation, or promise of reciprocity.

Yet dogs, from time immemorial, have exemplified this ideal of love.

What other friend, I wonder, would have not a flicker of care
whether you were successful or an abject failure, whether you were
homely or comely, clean or smelly-dirty, foolish or clever, beggar or
king?

Who else would judge you--not by your appearance, power, or
money--but solely by the kindness of your hand and heart?

Yet who else, I ask, would forgive a blow with a kiss to the offending
hand?

Come what may, he loves--no, adores--you, be you sinner or saint.  And
he will softly lick the sores and wounds the world gives you, and never
ask (or worse, tell you) what you did to deserve them.

And if Man is a dog's "God", what man serves God with such a
thoroughly cheerful, immediate and unquestioning obedience as a dog
serves his master?

Show me a man who so delights in all the great bounties God has
given him.

Show me a man as gleefully grateful for his wondrous blessings as a
dog is for a scrap of would-be garbage from his master's hand.

Show me a man as trustful, as humbly devoted, as appreciative and
joyfully submissive to God, as my brainless, soulless dog is to me.

Yes, show me this Man, this saint, who so embodies all these abiding
virtues.

Then I will show you, my friend, a Man with a soul as deserving of
Heaven as the most meager of dogs.