Main Menu

Man dies pinned under vehicle

Started by IRON MAN, July 12, 2019, 09:16:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Thanks for sharing your story Pat.  Super sorry to hear about your dad.  I am certain he would be proud of you and what you are doing with your car.  How about an update on your car?

PatO

Thank you for the kind sentiments. It's appreciated.

Now that I'm in my sixties it doesn't come up much any more.  This happened in 1985 when I had just turned 30.  Over the years I'd get asked about my parents at various points and I would just say my dad died accidentally.  Sometimes people would ask how and I would explain the circumstances. Occasionally I would see a certain look in someone's face and I would know that what I had just related had really resonated with a car nut like ourselves.  I felt that was a good thing because we all can use a reminder sometimes about being careful. Myself included.

cordodge

Very sad stories for sure, It also reminds me of a video I seen a few years ago. A guy just working in his garage minding his own business and all of a sudden the compressor tank exploded..... it was unbelievable the damage it caused, he was injured pretty bad and almost knocked the garage down. It got me thinking about my 60 gallon tank sitting there with close to 120lbs in it, Since then I always bleed it off as it takes only 3/4 minutes to bring it back up. Just a thought for everyone as we have no way of knowing how rotted it is on the inside even with draining it off regularly.

Bruce.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cordodge on July 20, 2019, 04:59:03 PM
Very sad stories for sure, It also reminds me of a video I seen a few years ago. A guy just working in his garage minding his own business and all of a sudden the compressor tank exploded..... it was unbelievable the damage it caused, he was injured pretty bad and almost knocked the garage down. It got me thinking about my 60 gallon tank sitting there with close to 120lbs in it, Since then I always bleed it off as it takes only 3/4 minutes to bring it back up. Just a thought for everyone as we have no way of knowing how rotted it is on the inside even with draining it off regularly.

Bruce.

I walk by my compressors multiple times every day & that video always comes to mind...  Scary..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVP_A7eGYxw