Main Menu

Maybe it’s just me

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, June 18, 2022, 11:10:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

I'm a little late with life an all goin on over here. But I gotta get NIKKI some fresh oil an filter. Parts wise no problem. But BIGS wise.. yikes! Between the shoulder, the neck and the lower back. I think I need to train a younger member to get this done. Kind of an apprenticeship program. Applicants young an old are encouraged to apply.  :wrenching: :wrenching:  :ohyeah:

cuda hunter

I wish you were next door.  We'd have Nikki burnin rubber already.  :cheers:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

Age has a way of catching up on you. I've got my old lower body injuries from my Cessna "hard landing" in '91 getting to me more in recent times also.
I changed the rear pads and rotors on my late model Dart last month. No big deal, I did that job last time and used anti sieze on the hub and such so everything came apart easy no fighting things, and I took my time no rush. Well I did have one problem, one of those decorative covers on a lug nut had swelled and got damaged when I tried to remove it.  My friend brought over a special socket to remove damaged lug nuts off and after some fighting and prying that damn damaged cover off we thankfully got that lug off. I hate those things and have already replaced at least 5 in recent years with new, and now I just replaced another.  :verymad:
The weather was nice too, not hot.
That evening and even the next day my legs and feet hurt and my butt hurt from sitting on a milk crate while working. I felt beat.
It might have took me a 24 hours before I felt recovered.  Really bummed me out as it makes me think my lower half is deteriorating and doing jobs I've done since I was a teen might soon not be possible anymore.
I did get "blue bomber" by 2009 Challenger R/T I've been trying to sell, out of storage last weekend and changed the oil and filter while I had it out.  No issues afterward so I guess I'm still a step or two ahead of you Chris! But I'm sure I'll catch up.  :crying:

7E-Bodies

The only plane I've ever flown is the DA40. I kept having issues and complained fiercely to the mechanic that auto-land was not working right. He told me it didn't have auto-land.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Brads70

Bigs, we are not getting too old.... we have just had too many birthdays!   :bigthumb:

Ya I've noticed I don't quite have the stamina I used to.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

I have to do garage time in little bites now - an hour maybe two here and there, if I overdo it I am junk and need a couple days of doing nothing to recuperate. Junk back, bad knees, arthritis and just old age make for pain 24/7/365 but I`m not giving up working on cars yet as I`m not the type to sit in a rocking chair and watch the grass grow.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

benguin

My favorite this weekend was trying the "upside-down-laying on your back on the driver's seat under the dashboard" maneuver when working on anything under the dash.  Yikes!  When I was 17, no problem, at 61, meh.  I was glad I finally managed to get into position to get to the brake pedal/booster unit hookup.

Still way more fun than working on any of the newer cars!

blown motor

@Brads70 @anlauto Don't you guys start that shit. You're way too young!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

@BIGSHCLUNK I already told you. SELL! Your yard, not Nikki. Your mind and body will be more relaxed and that can only be good. Pick up a light exercise program to keep you specimen in shape and drive that car a lot more. It's a good life, I speak from experience.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70vert

I gotta say I'd much rather be in Wisconsin right now than in Houston, temps over 100 for the past two weeks and no end in sight .
But, not sure at 67 I'd be much help  :rolleyes:

dodj

Quote from: benguin on June 18, 2022, 02:38:41 PM
My favorite this weekend was trying the "upside-down-laying on your back on the driver's seat under the dashboard" maneuver when working on anything under the dash.  Yikes!  When I was 17, no problem, at 61, meh.
I remove the seat now.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RzeroB

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on June 18, 2022, 12:32:30 PM
The only plane I've ever flown is the DA40. I kept having issues and complained fiercely to the mechanic that auto-land was not working right. He told me it didn't have auto-land.

:thinking:  ...   :haha: :rofl:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)