Main Menu

Mechanical problems compilation

Started by 1 Wild R/T, January 18, 2018, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

There's some pretty good ones in here... Seen quite a few while working in the trade but there are a few in here I've never seen.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyqQODAZYtw&feature=youtu.be

Wow !
I had to help push a car off the road recently that had the freewheeling adjustable as you drive front wheel problem, the pizza was going to be late from that driver.

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

HEMICUDA

71GranCoupe

All too much!! I liked the one where the guys says, there pistons coming out of your headers. Meltdown for sure.  :haha: :rofl:

71-440

Unbelievable....All those electrical problems reminds me of a Chrysler tech. I met in Sears the other day
saying how they are having big problems with electric circuits in the newer cars.
Joe

Quote from: 71-440 on January 19, 2018, 03:14:50 PM
Unbelievable....All those electrical problems reminds me of a Chrysler tech. I met in Sears the other day
saying how they are having big problems with electric circuits in the newer cars.

10 #'s of crap in a 5 # bag.
Love my crank windows and manual seats etc.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I know this 22 year old that is going to school now to be an auto tech. He told me he isn't good with electrical, so I told him he is getting into the wrong trade.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

:rofl: I'd been working at a Lincoln dealership for about five years, had a car in that the power door locks would start cycling anytime you hit the high beams...  I'd been digging into it for about two hours when the new service manager comes up & tells me that it's apparent electrical isn't my forte & he's going to find someone else to fix the car....  A couple years later I was no longer a dealer tech but instead working for Ford as a troubleshooter specializing in electrical.... Oh, the service manager? He was unemployed & had fallen back into his bottle...

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Funny thing is that no amount of strutting around and verbal annoyance makes the job go any faster. My son does well on electrical at Kenworth, I think buying him a Datsun 260Z as his first car gave him something to practice on. Lots of crummy connectors and dead ends on that car.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 19, 2018, 08:33:26 PM
Yes: Funny thing is that no amount of strutting around and verbal annoyance makes the job go any faster. My son does well on electrical at Kenworth, I think buying him a Datsun 260Z as his first car gave him something to practice on. Lots of crummy connectors and dead ends on that car.

I owned a couple 280Z's, they taught me about the japanese way of thinking about electrical... It was different from how US automakers were doing things...   In the 60's, 70's & early 80's US automakers were using power side switching, Japan was using ground side switching... These days since modules are controlling most components ground side switching has become the norm.... 

jimynick

If you really want to throw a mechanic into the electrical deep end, bring him in a 50's or 60's vintage British car. You know, the ones wired by Lucas? Prince of Darkness? That and their penchant for "positive earth" could make the Pope swear like a sailor if he had to work on one.  :tool:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

6bblgt

RzeroB

:rofl:  OMG!! I couldn't stop laughing!!  :haha:  After seeing that stuff, I feel really good about the relatively "minor" things that have happened to me over the years!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)