Main Menu

Mecum Results

Started by anlauto, January 09, 2020, 10:45:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I was just looking at today's results, and surprised to see that neither of Tony's E body convertibles sold today, or even bid especially high.  His 2 wing cars brought big bucks though!  :bigthumb:

kdcarman

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 11, 2020, 02:33:16 PM
I was just looking at today's results, and surprised to see that neither of Tony's E body convertibles sold today, or even bid especially high.  His 2 wing cars brought big bucks though!  :bigthumb:

What were the two convertibles?  I saw the one 340 4 speed bid up to 80k.

JH27N0B

His orange cuda vert bid to 80K, but his survivor F8 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed only bid to 60K.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 11, 2020, 03:41:51 PM
His orange cuda vert bid to 80K, but his survivor F8 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed only bid to 60K.

I found these numbers surprising too....I can see the Challenger not being a very appealing car to the average buyer because of the colours and old worn out survivor look....but the Cuda ? That's about as cool as they come  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

340challconvert

Quote from: scf100 on January 11, 2020, 06:35:34 AM
Quote from: IRON MAN on January 10, 2020, 06:11:36 PM
Imagine what the original "Vanishing Point" Challengers would bring at auction......but they were all sold for scrap.

BTW where is the original Vanishing Point car?

From what have read; Chrysler sold off the cars from the 1971 movie for scrap at a salvage auction in Los Angeles in 1971
The five cars from the 1997 remake have been saved and owned by Ted Stevens

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/features/car-features/what-happened-to-the-vanishing-point-challenger/

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Matt M

Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2020, 06:49:18 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on January 11, 2020, 03:41:51 PM

I found these numbers surprising too....I can see the Challenger not being a very appealing car to the average buyer because of the colours and old worn out survivor look....but the Cuda ? That's about as cool as they come  :alan2cents:

I looked at both cars pretty good.

I would love to have a 70 Cuda 340 4 Speed Convertible.
The car looked great in that color.
Upon a closer look the car had paint issues and had a lot of work on the quarters and other issues.

The Challenger was a survivor so was a little tired looking and did have rust on lower parts of the car and I did see where the car may
have had some paint work. A few other minor issues. Color may have held it back too.
Personally I like cars like this.

I think both cars bid to about what they were worth in todays market.
I would like to own either of them, just not at the price the seller wanted for them.

Of course just my opinion.

Matt

ClarkWGrizwald

How much did the wing cars go for?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

anlauto

Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on January 21, 2020, 09:16:14 PM
How much did the wing cars go for?

Superbird = $192,500.00 Daytona = $346,500.00  with commissions
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ClarkWGrizwald

Damn. Nice pay day
Thanks