Main Menu

Monday in Vegas...

Started by benlavigne, December 10, 2017, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

So I'm flying into Vegas Sunday PM for a meeting that starts Monday night, so I have a whole 24 hours free...
Not my first visit, so I've done the Kount's Kustoms, Gold & Silver pawn shop, Shelby museum, LVMS, etc... any other places for a car guy to see that I 've missed so far? Dealer with inteesting inventory? Restoration shop? Collection? I do have a rental car....
Thanks for suggestions!
Ben

anlauto

Gees...sounds a little more exciting then Georgetown last week.... :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Can't be as exciting as being Alan Baba's cave! I'll be in a meeting room all day both days and back the following, so Monday is the only free time...

Ben

jetmech

You can check out So-Cal Speed Shop Las Vegas if you have never been, it's not far from the strip. I dropped in this past October. Here's a link to pictures of the store. 

http://www.so-callasvegas.com/look-inside

I took this one

303 Mopar

Chryco Psycho

Wynn has a Lambo dealer
Imperial has a multi floor car museum
personally I would be hiking in Red Rock Canyon tho

RUNCHARGER

Rent an exotic car to drive hard a few laps on the race track.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Shelby has the shop near the track , interesting place to visit

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 10, 2017, 11:11:46 AM
Wynn has a Lambo dealer
Imperial has a multi floor car museum
personally I would be hiking in Red Rock Canyon tho

I have yet to visit Red Rock Canyon, but the recommendations are overwhelming. Enjoy the warm weather while here,  :cheers:

IRON MAN

When I worked with General Motors as a Commercial Truck Manager the General sent me to Las Vegas 1-2 times a year to attend the Commercial Truck Convention at The MGM,  SEMA at the Las Vegas Convention Center, or the Dealer Principal Meeting at the Venitian. You can rent a Harley on the strip ($150 a day), fly the Grand Canyon in a twin engine Cessna with Sierra Nevada Airways ($125.00) includes a buffet, I stayed at Steve Wynn's and spent some time in the Ferrari dealership downstairs ($10.00) something else replaced it, walked Carrol Shelby's assembly line at the airport, etc. Everything was put on the expense account. One night a high ranking GM executive eye's almost popped out of his eye sockets as he saw me eat 28 jumbo shrimp. BTW, after 16 they don't taste as good. LOL When the US Govt bailed GM out of bankruptcy the Obama administration put an end to the Las Vegas trips, now they are held in Arlington, Texas :barf: