Main Menu

Mopar Nats canceled?

Started by Burdar, July 21, 2020, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

Starting to hear reports of the Mopar Nats being canceled.  Nothing on the website yet but I don't think that gets updated very often.

HITTER23

:cool:I'm holding my breath, but i live a hour away and honestly itll be 50-50. Everything event wise in Columbus has been cancelled so far, State Fair etc. and with the numbers rising, Governor Dewine is a hair away from shutting the state down again.  On the positive side, there was a CARS & PARTS show/swap meet down the road in Springfield did come off the weekend before the 4th.

Spikedog08

I am seeing reports that this is true.  Damn was thinking about a Saturday visit for the day.   :Thud:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

bennydodge

Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 04:45:35 PM
That's about the smartest thing I've heard from your country in a long time....Your numbers are spiking through the roof and you're still having events like this ??? Our country is worried about reaching 400 new cases in one day, and our kids can't even play on local little playgrounds yet.....You guys get 65,000 new cases in one day and you're opening up Disney World ???? WTH ???? :drunk:

Spiking numbers, yeah yeah yeah, have you checked the death rate in America?? How many are actually sick?? Funny how our media skips right over that. Some of us are willing to accept the SMALL risk that the kung flu presents. I guess the saying 'tend to your own garden" applies here. Stop lecturing "us" about how to do things...As for the Mopar Nats, I hope it goes on as planned.
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

JH27N0B

Per guys on Moparts, it was posted on Facebook that it's been canceled.

6bblgt

QuoteDue to the recent Covid restriction changes in Ohio, as of today we were forced to postpone the event to 2021.  We are sorry we had to change at the last minute but the new restriction changes announced by the County do not allow spectators and a maximum of 25% capacity in which has already been surpassed by pre-registered participants.  Also, mandatory mask and social distancing is required. We had no choice but to postpone the event due to these new changes.   We are working out the process for Pre-Registered participants to have the option of rolling their entry into 2021 and locking in the price for next year or if necessary requesting a refund. Refund directions will be available soon on the Nationals website at www.thenats.com. If you have motel reservations, remember to cancel or move them to 2021. August 8,9,10, 2021 at NTR.

JH27N0B

We are not leading the world.  Several countries like China have more deaths, they just lie about their numbers.

anlauto

Our big Mopar show here in Canada is Moparfest which takes place in mid-August.....Without any hesitation it was cancelled back in mid-April  four months in advance....I think it's great they cancelled Thee Mopar Nationals for the safety of everyone involved, but it sucks that they waited so long and only gave people three weeks noticed. :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I'd say the US leads the world in honestly reported Covid 19 deaths, however even our numbers are not reliable because the government gave hospitals a financial incentive to report people who passed away and tested positive as a Covid death.  I know of the 8 or so people at my moms assisted living facility who "died of Coronavirus", half were in the hospital for other things but were found Covid positive from tests after death.

bennydodge

Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 07:27:00 PM
Quote from: bennydodge on July 21, 2020, 05:20:11 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 04:45:35 PM
That's about the smartest thing I've heard from your country in a long time....Your numbers are spiking through the roof and you're still having events like this ??? Our country is worried about reaching 400 new cases in one day, and our kids can't even play on local little playgrounds yet.....You guys get 65,000 new cases in one day and you're opening up Disney World ???? WTH ???? :drunk:

Spiking numbers, yeah yeah yeah, have you checked the death rate in America?? How many are actually sick?? Funny how our media skips right over that. Some of us are willing to accept the SMALL risk that the kung flu presents. I guess the saying 'tend to your own garden" applies here. Stop lecturing "us" about how to do things...As for the Mopar Nats, I hope it goes on as planned.

Yea you're probably right the risk is pretty "small" for the average guy, myself included... :grouphug:

As a country you're just leading the WORLD in amount of deaths at over 144,000+ almost double any other country in the world...Seems like you have everything under control....so no lecturing here  :drinkingbud: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates:

340 million live in the U.S., 149,000 deaths have been attributed to kung flu. That makes the death rate less than 1/2 of 1% of the population. So tell me, what's the death rate in Canada?? 
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

RUNCHARGER

So half per capita. Maybe we aren't stupid after all.
Sheldon

bennydodge

Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: bennydodge on July 21, 2020, 08:00:38 PM

340 million live in the U.S., 149,000 deaths have been attributed to kung flu. That makes the death rate less than 1/10 of 1% of the population. So tell me, what's the death rate in Canada??

Only 37 million live in Canada, 8862 deaths  :dunno:

Ok I'll do the math for you- 3/10's of 1%-barely lower than ours. Yeah, you guys have everything under control as well....
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

anlauto

I'm bowing out of this conversation. Just want everybody to stay happy and safe. :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bennydodge

Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 07:55:36 PM
I know all the published numbers can be skued ....but I think ALL OF US  can agree that 1 death to this stupid virus is 1 death too many :andyangel:

.......at least I hope we all can agree  :grouphug: :rofl:

Really?? You actually just said "1 death is 1 to many"-I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....

More accurate numbers

U.S.  340,000,000 x .0439% = 149,600 dead
Canada 37,742,154 x .0235% = 8,869 dead

Not to far apart really.

1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

bennydodge

Sucks to see the Nats cancelled especially on the 50th anniversary of the E-Body, but understand the predicament they're in.
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually