Main Menu

What do you think of these shop lights?

Started by Brads70, January 13, 2017, 05:24:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: A.Gramz on January 24, 2017, 06:01:32 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 24, 2017, 05:26:24 PM

:D  But I'm really Jonesing for another car ( 71 Javelin), and to do that I'll first need more room to put it. I'm planning a 25x35 detached garage so that will include a hoist, room for 3 cars plus my machining equipment, then the garage I'll actually be able to put 2 cars in.  ;)
There is a method to my madness!  :yes:

Ive been toying with building a garage as well. The biggest bylaw will let me build is 25x30 750sq ft I want at least 1000sq ft but it's been put on hold due to I had to spend the funds set aside for it.  What type of building are you planing on.  I was looking into steel but every dealer I talked to seemed sketchy.

I think wooden framed with at least 10 ' ceilings 12' if its possible? Looking at in floor heating?
Bylaws here limit building to 16 1/2' total height.
Here is a post of a guy in NB thats building the same size shop/garage.... I like the look of it!  :)

http://mopar-eh.4umer.com/t742-garage-construction?highlight=garage+build

A.Gramz

Nice.  For a clear bottom hoist you'll need 12 ft for sure. I Miss mine it sucks working on the ground when I have a hoist I can't set up because of height   

Brads70

Quote from: A.Gramz on January 24, 2017, 06:34:14 PM
Nice.  For a clear bottom hoist you'll need 12 ft for sure. I Miss mine it sucks working on the ground when I have a hoist I can't set up because of height   

I'm leaning towards a 4 post hoist with the pneumatic jack underneath.

A.Gramz

Ya they have there benefits.

Quote from: Brads70 on January 24, 2017, 06:38:27 PM
Quote from: A.Gramz on January 24, 2017, 06:34:14 PM

I'm leaning towards a 4 post hoist with the pneumatic jack underneath.

Cuda Cody

Can you build up?    :thinking:   Maybe a loft area for storage or a 2nd floor?  Attic trusses can add a lot of space too.  Plus it's cheaper to build up because there's less foundation (cement can get expensive).

:D  But I'm really Jonesing for another car ( 71 Javelin), and to do that I'll first need more room to put it. I'm planning a 25x35 detached garage so that will include a hoist, room for 3 cars plus my machining equipment, then the garage I'll actually be able to put 2 cars in.  ;)

Ive been toying with building a garage as well. The biggest bylaw will let me build is 25x30 750sq ft I want at least 1000sq ft but it's been put on hold due to I had to spend the funds set aside for it.  What type of building are you planing on.  I was looking into steel but every dealer I talked to seemed sketchy.

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 24, 2017, 10:02:10 PM
Can you build up?    :thinking:   Maybe a loft area for storage or a 2nd floor?  Attic trusses can add a lot of space too.  Plus it's cheaper to build up because there's less foundation (cement can get expensive).

Not here, maximum height allowed ( bylaw) is 16 1/2' feet  :verymad:

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Brads70 on January 25, 2017, 06:53:43 AM

Can you ramp down, go below grade with a driveway to give you a few extra feet?

Brads70

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on January 25, 2017, 10:33:05 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 25, 2017, 06:53:43 AM

Can you ramp down, go below grade with a driveway to give you a few extra feet?

No with the snow we get I'm sure it would flood.
I was just at a local lumberyard looking at plans, they can change the angle of the roof pitch to get 12' walls.  :bigthumb:  It just costs a little more....

Cuda Cody

12' walls are perfect.  You'll be able to fit most lifts and that gives you the ability to stack 2 cars.

Cudakiller70

Oh ya snow forgot about that stuff.
You need to build a hill then build it  on there.