Main Menu

MPC PROMO MOPARS

Started by 71REDCUDA, June 02, 2018, 08:14:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71REDCUDA

Starting a topic with MPC promo mopars..

Show a pic of what you have! :ohyeah:

Cuda Cody

That is super cool!!!  Local the billboards.

Rich G.

anlauto

I bought these brand new in 1992,1993,1994 and 1995....They have just been sitting on my shelf here in my office. I think I have some older E Bodies, but they would be packed away somewhere with my model kits....who knows ? I never had anything really valuable....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I have a complete set of Challengers.  1970-1973.  There was no 74 for some reason, even though MPC did release an annual kit of a 74 Challenger.
The first one I got, was my '70.  I traded someone a bunch of promos I got as a kid in the early to mid 70s for it.  He probably got the best of the deal!  Amazingly, I was able to buy a box for it on ebay, in the right color even! And then later on ebay, I bought a set of the decals to make my '70 promo complete. 
The 71 is B7 blue, the 72 is Petty "corporate" blue, and the '73 is yellow.
I bought the Pheonix and the Turbine car at swap meets last year.  They aren't MPC, they are JoHann.  The '74 Charger is one I got when I was a kid, and didn't let the guy I traded for the '70 Challenger know I had it, or he would have demanded it as part of the deal too!

71REDCUDA

Nice collection! you were lucky to find a correct box and decal kit!

Here is a few more.. my most recent buy was the fc7 70 challenger all complete with box and decals..

The yellow 71 Hemicuda i had is now sold but im trying to find another one..

TheAutoArchaeologist

Every single one for every US car company..... most never been opened.

And when I mean me... I mean actually the Detroit Historical Society private collection....  :)
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat:  That is impressive!   :clapping:

Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on June 03, 2018, 10:58:04 AM
Every single one for every US car company..... most never been opened.

And when I mean me... I mean actually the Detroit Historical Society private collection....  :)

71REDCUDA

WOW! What a collection! Really cool.. I see you are located in Chicago, any show room for all these stuff? Qurious to check, im going to Chicago in November..

Thanks
Nicklas-Sweden

750-h2

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on June 05, 2018, 12:53:40 PM
WOW! What a collection! Really cool.. I see you are located in Chicago, any show room for all these stuff? Qurious to check, im going to Chicago in November..

Thanks
Nicklas-Sweden

No, this as noted was the Detroit Historical Societies private collection.  They are thinking about doing a showing of them here in the future though.
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

RUNCHARGER

That would be a fantastic collection obviously.
Sheldon

anlauto

Found this ad this morning, not sure if the $450 is for one or both, but that's CDN dollars....
Not a lot of info in the ad, but might be a good way to start a collection ? :dunno:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/cambridge/promo-cars-from-1970-to-1971/1362069990?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Those are nice. I don't follow them but I think those prices are inline?
Sheldon