Main Menu

70 TA childhood influence car

Started by Shane Kelley, July 26, 2017, 12:12:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

This is the very car that influenced me dramatically when I was a kid. This car is not all correct but a true T/A. Auto converted to manual trans. Does have matching numbers motor still in place. It was a back yard restoration that was done in the mid 80's. Mostly built with used parts and some NOS stuff. It just sits in this same spot. Probably not even driven a couple hundred miles in all these years. It's starting to show signs of deterioration but still pretty nice. Obviously I would love to have it. His wife won't let him sell it or I bet he would damn near give to me. He has no interest in it. Not for sale. He bought it 84 for 6500 and came with a TA parts car. The motor had just been through a extensive build. It was rusty in the usual places.   

Roadman

Man, ya have to find a way to get on the wifes good side. There must be a way. Awesome car.    :banana: :rebelflag"

Shane Kelley

Quote from: TX9AAR on July 26, 2017, 01:28:24 PM
Do you know why she won't let him sell the car?
yes.  sentimental reasons and they don't need the money. She is just one of those stubborn women. She just keeps thinking about all those long hard hours he spent rebuilding it. It's been so long that he doesn't really care. He's had some pretty good offers over the years. Not a whole lot of people know it's around. He's probably only had it out 3 or 4 times in the last 37 years. It sat forever with no hood on it. I talked him into letting me paint the hood in 2002. He still had the organisol paint. I put the stripes on it in 96. They were NOS. It really needs a complete restoration again or just drive as it is. Old Lacquer paint is showing it's ugly signs everywhere. 10 feet away it looks great. 

Cuda Cody

That has held up extremely well.   I could not image a better pair then your 71 Cuda and this 70 T/A.  That would be a pair of awesome cars.  Hopefully if they ever sell it that you will be the first one they think of.

Cudakiller70

Very nice TA.  :bigthumb: Sometimes it's best just to stay in touch and wait it out, hopefully it works out. Take them out to dinner and talk about the car with him, maybe she'll pick up on his non interest and your enthusiasm for it. Good luck.

Roadman

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on July 26, 2017, 05:25:06 PM
Very nice TA.  :bigthumb: Sometimes it's best just to stay in touch and wait it out, hopefully it works out. Take them out to dinner and talk about the car with him, maybe she'll pick up on his non interest and your enthusiasm for it. Good luck.

:iagree:        Or maybe take them out for drinks.    ::)

1 Wild R/T

Or do him a big favor & take her for a long walk off a short pier.... :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Wow: How could he have no interest in that car?
Sheldon