Main Menu

Anybody live near Winston Salem, NC. ?

Started by Roadman, July 31, 2017, 02:37:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

welcome aboard @Skid Row   :welcome:  Thanks for the heads up.   :rebelflag"

Timbbuc2

@DAYLEY/CHALLENGER  You might want to chime in on this conversation.
Get in, I'll drive

Brads70

I love the Carolina s, beautiful and generally nice people in my experience.  My inlaws live near Myrtle beach  right on the border of north and south. I like the ocean but would prefer to live inland more. South Carolina seems cheaper to live.  I like wide open spaces with less people. Florida is a nice place to visit ( I have family in Ocala , was married in Vero beach.) Again nice place but it wouldn't be in my top 10 places to live. Carolina's would be in my top 5 places to live in the USA.
Roadman I wish you well in your quest!  :rebelflag"

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 02, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
@DAYLEY/CHALLENGER  You might want to chime in on this conversation.
Yep, I was just getting around to this thread.  Roadman, we used to live an hour away from Winston across the Va line inStuart. Winston has grown a lot over the years. Traffic on 52 and 40 can get hectic , but if you are looking around on the outer towns, then you will be fine. I remember going there to shop with my parents back in the day when RJ Renolds was going strong in the cigarette business,,,oh my, what a good smell of flue cured tobacco. Now it just smells like any other city.  Oh well, I wish you good luck in your move. Right now ,we live in Rockingham which is about 1 1/2 hrs south.