Main Menu

New Dodge Demon

Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Moparman82

Yeah I'm just throwing stuff out there, I agree that all the 757 numbers in almost every video must be HP numbers, I guess I'm just hoping that is at the wheels, I know it sounds dumb but it's an awful lot of effort playing up this car for a 7% horsepower increase  :headbang:
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Marc70challenger

From Chrysler - AUBURN HILLS, Michigan — The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the fastest muscle car ever, with a National Hot Rod Association-certified quarter?mile elapsed time of 11.2 seconds at 125 mph with stock Pirelli P275/40ZR20 P Zero tires, Chrysler said on Friday. With drag radials, the run dropped to 10.8 seconds at 126 mph, according to the automaker.

It's always a swag ... but old rule was 100hp gain could equal 1 sec drop in ET.  If you use this, weight reduction, and suspension setup design more for launching .... wow.   With just drag radial mod - 9.xx second "out of the box car' ... and possibly with 9.9x or better with OEM tires (driver, good DA, etc) .. mind numbing .....  :unbelievable:

303 Mopar

The Demon will come with a torque reserve system (anti-lag) that "lets more air flow through the engine before launch, allowing for increased supercharger rpm without torque overwhelming the brakes and spinning the tires."  Apparently the system closes the bypass valve of the supercharger, allowing boost pressure to raise, and the engine computer deactivates alternating cylinders to allow rpm's to rise while keeping power output low.  Launch will disengage the system and you leave the line at a higher engine rpm and boost enabling the engine to reach peak power faster.

The Demon also has a custom exhaust tone in the video, and you can get a new ringtone at www.ifyouknowyouknow.com

Finally there is a new math problem - 3.9 + 221 = 405    :notsure:

Cuda Cody

:huh:  Not much in that video.  Was hoping for more this week.

Oldschool

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 16, 2017, 07:29:54 AM
:huh:  Not much in that video.  Was hoping for more this week.

There's enough to let the Bowtie Boys and Blue Oval boys know that the Demon is one seriously bad boy.....  That thing rolls out in a hurry....

HP_Cuda

They seem to be giving a formula to try and figure out the real horsepower. Also the No Pills clue is interesting. Kinda like saying there is nothing artificial about it.

Pure guess but something like:

3.9 lbs of boost at 221 feet putting out 405 horsepower.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Ya, what the heck does "No Pills' mean?   :clueless:

blown motor

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 16, 2017, 02:19:31 PM

It could mean that it's not on steroids but I think we all know better.   :yes:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 16, 2017, 02:19:31 PM

No Nitrous Pills as in NOS spray.....

blown motor

Just found this. Thought some of you might be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M6CemuAj84
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

That was cool!!!!  Thanks for sharing that!  April 11th we'll know.  Can't wait.  Here's the video blown motor posted:

Chryco Psycho

ec_co

just talked to one of my dealers who is 'on the list'. he said he met one of the main designers a week ago and was told it will be AWD and 800hp at the wheels.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

AWD!  As much as I would LOVE that to be true, I'm not sure how they can pull that off with the specs they have already released.   :notsure:  AWD adds weight and why would they give you the crate with skinny front tires?

Quote from: ec_co on March 21, 2017, 01:26:51 PM
just talked to one of my dealers who is 'on the list'. he said he met one of the main designers a week ago and was told it will be AWD and 800hp at the wheels.

HP_Cuda

Cannot be AWD, kinda defeats doing weight transfer for the 1/4 mile.

I think the 757hp at the wheel number is the correct stat.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200