Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Here's my new screensaver

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ec_co

that is f'in insane! glad to hear I was wrong, a 9.65 quarter ... from the factory ... with a warranty .... crazy! this of all things proves that FCA buying Chrysler/Dodge didn't dampen the crazy. wow, just wow.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

I like the flares and that is the best new Challenger hood ever too.
Sheldon

RusTy/SE

9.65/140mph  "...840hp/770ft. lbs. torque to do that." :burnout:

:alan2cents: In my eye some of the angles on the Challenger just showed as being out of proportion - too tall in the back end for example, but the flares and understated hood scoop just work for me :inlove: :takemymoney:

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Cuda Cody

Some neat details are coming out:

http://www.allpar.com/news/2017/04/the-2018-demon-everything-there-is-to-know-37153

While the Demon doesn't come with a front passenger seat, a rear seat or trunk trim from the factory, buyers can add each of those items as an option for a dollar. Seriously – the front passenger seat costs $1, the back seat costs $1 and the trunk trim costs $1. That Demon Crate with the skinny front wheels, the tools, the high performance PCM, the new switch panel and a few other odds and ends also costs $1, so if you check all of the boxes for those items, it adds $4 to the final price.

Each Demon comes with a leather bound book which the owner receives when the order is placed with FCA by the dealership. This book explains all of the unique features, how things like the TransBrake, intercooler chiller and the after-run cooling system works along with offering hints of how to set up the drive mode system for the best possible quarter mile times. This book also includes a race log and a coupon which allows the Demon owner to order their Demon Crate from FCA. The Crate is sent directly to the owner's home (or wherever they want it sent), so the dealership isn't involved in that aspect and it is during this phase where Dodge is doing something interesting to try to prevent greedy dealerships from ordering a car and adding a huge markup without a buyer waiting.

When the Demon buyer orders his or her new Mopar muscle car, that person's name is applied to the Demon Crate which has a matching VIN to the car. This cannot be ordered blank, so dealerships will be forced to provide a name and if they just put the dealership name or a generic name – it will make the car less attractive to some buyers. With this system, dealers almost have to order the car with an actual buyer lined up, which should help curb the massive markups.

Convertcuda

When will they release the cost of the beast?

chal340

Imagine the price here in France, a Hellcat is already 90,000-100,000 euros. :(.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

303 Mopar

303 Mopar

Here is quote I found that matches my thoughts on the Demon -  :banana:

"So, here's the thing about the new Demon that I find particularly satisfying. Many hundreds of years ago, when I was doing magazine tests on new cars, I would constantly catch grief by the "powers that be" for only focusing on one aspect of the car...namely how quickly can I get this thing to eat a 1/4 mile of pavement. They wanted me to include stuff like, how does it handle? How does it stop? Ride quality?  Is it comfy?

I was like, F all that noise, man...this is AMERICA.  Americans only care about one thing...making the guy in the other lane sorry he ever decided to try your s**t.

So, here we are..in the future, and the company I have dedicated the vast majority of my life to comes out and says...yeah, F all that world class stuff.  Here's a stupid amount of horsepower, and some Drag Radials, and a GD trans brake. Go forth and pull wheelies in the name and memory of the Dodge Bros. and fear nothing because we got your back.  Oh, and if you want s**t like seats, toss us two bucks and we'll stick em in there!

Validation is real!  I'm just glad I lived long enough to see it."

ec_co

:iagree:   :perfect10:

:takemymoney:    (if I had any, lol)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

I heard $95k US so I think it might be under $100k US. There are 300 destined for the Canadian market. I'd like to find out if I can get one to go faster at Mission Raceway. The SS/AH guys used to come up here to set records.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Cuda Cody

What do you think the Demon will do to the prices of the Hellcat?